Queens Blvd Lay-up Question

On the weekends when I go to Queens, I see (E)(F)(R) & (V) trains stored back to back on the express tracks from 75 Ave all the way up to 169 St (to the point where it looks like one really LONG train of R-46's and R-32's)

My question is how do they get the trains so close to one another ( 3 and 4 trains in one Signal Block) without getting tripped

for example if there is a stored (E) train at Union Tpke, how does an out of service (F) train end up directly behind it without bypassing a red signal/or by passing a red signal and not having its brakes tripped??

On the weekends when I go to Queens, I see (E)(F)(R) & (V) trains stored back to back on the express tracks from 75 Ave all the way up to 169 St (to the point where it looks like one really LONG train of R-46's and R-32's)

My question is how do they get the trains so close to one another ( 3 and 4 trains in one Signal Block) without getting tripped

for example if there is a stored (E) train at Union Tpke, how does an out of service (F) train end up directly behind it without bypassing a red signal/or by passing a red signal and not having its brakes tripped??

I think the signals are red but it won't trip the train.

Archived