'H' line apparel is trendy - and raising big money for Sandy relief

Harry

[float=left]post-5097-0-41203300-1355322654_thumb.jpg[/float](H) stands for help. Or maybe hope.

The “Rockaway Line” of subway apparel with the (H) logo has taken off like an express train - generating thousands of dollars for hurricane relief efforts on the Queens peninsula.

The New York Transit Museum made approximately $30,000 in sales since Dec. 5 when it began selling t-shirts and sweatshirts featuring the logo of the (H) shuttle, which was created after Sandy knocked out A line service linking the Rockaways to Howard Beach.

The Museum’s on-line store quickly sold roughly 400 t-shirts, 180 sweatshirts, 100 pins and 280 magnets, said Mark Heavey, MTA director of marketing and advertising.

Read more: News

post-5097-0-41203300-1355322654_thumb.jpg

That last part was a joke right?

These days it's advantageous for Canadians to come here and buy stuff because their dollar is stronger than ours. I know it's hard to believe but true. It currently takes $1.02 US for every Canadian dollar. I used to get about $1.50 Canadian for every US $ when I'd go to Montréal, so yeah he might as well come on down and pick up transit memorabilia and few other things too. One big shopping spree on our failing dollar. :lol:

LOL... Good question too... Otherwise hop over the border and come get some!! (H) is the new black! Besides with the Canadian dollar being just about as strong as the American dollar these days all you'll lose is time. :lol:

I would but I dont got time Im going to Philly for New Years but will not be able to make a trip up to the city.

These days it's advantageous for Canadians to come here and buy stuff because their dollar is stronger than ours. I know it's hard to believe but true. It currently takes $1.02 US for every Canadian dollar. I used to get about $1.50 Canadian for every US $ when I'd go to Montréal, so yeah he might as well come on down and pick up transit memorabilia and few other things too. One big shopping spree on our failing dollar. :lol:

I just spend a killing in Panama last mouth since they use USD also they have lower taxes then in Canada so it was better deal for me.

Since the (H) has been so successful in bringing awareness/funds to the Rockaways, I think it should (officially) replace the Rockaway Shuttle when everything's back in order.

Then the shirts wouldn't be popular. They're only selling as good as they are because we know in a few months, we might not have this opportunity.

Archived