Hello from London

Aussieinuk

Hi Everyone

My name is Liam. I am an Aussie living in London, UK. I am very interested in the tube and overground network here, and am keen to to learn more about the subway system in NYC. I will be visiting New York in March 2013 and will spend most of my time travelling on the subway network and other systems there. Of course I will be looking for the best vantage points for photos. I am particularly interested in the elevated sections. I look forward to reading the posts here and learning. I am also available if anyone wishes to know anything about the tube and bus systems here.

Hi Everyone

My name is Liam. I am an Aussie living in London, UK. I am very interested in the tube and overground network here, and am keen to to learn more about the subway system in NYC. I will be visiting New York in March 2013 and will spend most of my time travelling on the subway network and other systems there. Of course I will be looking for the best vantage points for photos. I am particularly interested in the elevated sections. I look forward to reading the posts here and learning. I am also available if anyone wishes to know anything about the tube and bus systems here.

An Aussie living in the UK eh? How is the crumpets and high tea there mate? :lol: Well I'm sure you'll enjoy our vast subway system with its 468 stations, although some of them aren't so pleasant. If I were you I'd buy myself a hot dog from one our beloved street vendors and head on down to the famous Chambers street station on the (J)(Z) . There is plenty to see there... :lol:

Thanks everyone for your warm welcome. The only for me to explore your subway system now is with " streetview ". I can't wait until March when I will be there. I will be flying into Newark, so I imagine the first train I will catch will be PATH. As far as street food goes, I will be trying out the local 'fare'. I still haven't booked a hotel yet. I am wondering if it would be better to stay in the Newark area. I think hotels in Manhattan would be very expensive. My budget is about $120 per night. I can go more if I have to, but really don't want to spend too much on hotels, as I will be out and about all day.

Welcome Liam. It's great to have another member from out of the Americas! You will enjoy New York buddy. You will find alot of Subway and buses and events of the Vintage Bus and Subway such as the MTA Bus Festival, December Vintage Bus and Subway Ride, and the best one to pick any vintage bus to ride is the Going To The Rockaways if your gonna stay in New York for a very long vacation, meanwhile you really should visit the Official New York Transit Museum in Brooklyn, NYC. This is where you can learn about the History of the NY Bus and Subways, they also have a NY Transit Museum Store where you can buy Tokens, Plastic Bank Buses, Train sets, and cool stuff! So i wish you a happy Holidays and enjoy your springful time in New York City!

Welcome Liam. It's great to have another member from out of the Americas! You will enjoy New York buddy. You will find alot of Subway and buses and events of the Vintage Bus and Subway such as the MTA Bus Festival, December Vintage Bus and Subway Ride, and the best one to pick any vintage bus to ride is the Going To The Rockaways if your gonna stay in New York for a very long vacation, meanwhile you really should visit the Official New York Transit Museum in Brooklyn, NYC. This is where you can learn about the History of the NY Bus and Subways, they also have a NY Transit Museum Store where you can buy Tokens, Plastic Bank Buses, Train sets, and cool stuff! So i wish you a happy Holidays and enjoy your springful time in New York City!

It will be certainly be my intention to visit any transport museums, train, subway, bus, as I am interested in all forms of transport. I just need to find out where they are, and also where I can buy books,DVD's,etc. I have so much to learn about your transport systems there.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived