Rockaway Line Reconstruction Thread

Amtrak7

Beginning Tuesday morning, all Howard Beach (A) trips will continue LITE from JFK to (alternating) Far Rockaway and Rockaway Park. Revenue service is supposed to begin sometime on Thursday, assuming these test runs go well.

What's the purpose of that? Not crew familiarization or something?

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's for testing the signal system with regular headways.

And would you all STFU about this (H) and (S) garbage???? The (H) is the train which runs from Far Rockaway to B90. The (S) is the train which runs from Broad Channel to Rockaway Park. I would think that YOU of all people would be able to grasp the difference between these two different services.

And would you all STFU about this (H) and (S) garbage???? The (H) is the train which runs from Far Rockaway to B90. The (S) is the train which runs from Broad Channel to Rockaway Park. I would think that YOU of all people would be able to grasp the difference between these two different services.

they are talking about the pass and all that stuff

Thanks, for this post. I'm amazed at how long this ridiculous argument has been going on.

THANK YOU

The @MTAInsider Twitter account has posted the following...

"A nostalgia train from the 1930s will be among the first trains to travel from the Rockaways via rebuilt tracks."

The account also linked to this picture http://www.flickr.com/photos/mtaphotos/8879614239/

Son of a bitch...

Tell me it's a public run and not museum members only.

The test trains were running to Mott Avenue. I didn't see one heading to the other end. There were actually more test trains than shuttles, lol. The shuttles no longer show the (H) . They've gone back to the (S) , except one that had a blue (S) .

Yeah, I didn't think they'd switch them all to S, but eh... to me I really wanted to ride the 'H' when the r32s were there. My main consolation was riding the wye. Yeah they had almost as many A trains as there were S trains running today. Would've been nice if they could've sent more A trains back north as I had to wait like 15 min for an A to show up in Manhattan. Also there were a few trains running on the Rock Park side. 

A bit of conflicting information:

From secondavenuesagas.com :

As part of the relaunch of the A train tomorrow, the MTA will run a Nostalgia Train from Howard Beach to the peninsula. The R1s and R9s will depart at 10:30 a.m. with various agency officials and local dignitaries on board. There will be speeches at Rockaway Park-Beach 116th Street Station, and then regular A/S service begins anew. If you want to ride the H train, get thee to the Rockaways as tonight and tomorrow morning are your last chances.

From #Rockaways:

A nostalgia train will help inaugurate the return of A train service to the Rockaways. This vintage R1/R9 train will make a run from Rockaway Park-Beach 116th Street to 168th Street in Manhattan. These cars were first put into service in the 1930s.

A bit of conflicting information:

From secondavenuesagas.com :

From #Rockaways:

As far as i know,the R1/9 train is gonna pick up agency officials and local dignitaries at Howard Beach-JFK to go to B 116th Rock PK.hold a re-opening ceremony,then run with passengers from B 116th Rock PK to 168th St.

As far as i know,the R1/9 train is gonna pick up agency officials and local dignitaries at Howard Beach-JFK to go to B 116th Rock PK.hold a re-opening ceremony,then run with passengers from B 116th Rock PK to 168th St.

F*k i have school tommorow. That sucks for me and the other members who have to go to school.

The R9 will leave Rock Park in customer service when the ribbon cutting ceremony is over (around noon). This will be the FIRST revenue train to cross Jamaica Bay, after which the call will go out to all other (A) and (S) trains to start running in service there. Chances are the first revenue (A) is going to be running empty.

F*k i have school tomorrow. That sucks for me and the other members who have to go to school.

And you have those that live across the globe. (me reference)

j express, consider yourself lucky you live in the New York City and not the Eastern Hemisphere. You can visit the Rockaways anytime..... minus the vintage trains.

Kinda glad I have to go to Penn State tomorrow so I can avoid all the foaming and go fan in peace later, maybe next week. ^_^

They also have another (S) train. The Lefferts Blvd shuttle. What should be done about that?

you kiddin me running from what points or station

I know that H is replaced by the S shuttle broad channel to rockaway park b116

Archived