Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
Amtrak7

Rockaway Line Reconstruction Thread

you kiddin me running from what points or station

I know that H is replaced by the S shuttle broad channel to rockaway park b116

Euclid Av to Lefferts Blvd, that's it

Why does the Lefferts shuttle exist anyway, and how long has it existed? That's one thing I've always been confused about - why don't they do at late nights what they do during the day, with two (A) branches?

Euclid Av to Lefferts Blvd, that's it

I've actually never heard of this shuttle. Is it still running? If so, late nights? What designation does it use?

Why does the Lefferts shuttle exist anyway?

Because at night, the (MTA) only wants the (A) to run every twenty minutes like the other 24/7 routes in the subway. Had them run the 207-Lefferts (A) full time then service is gonna have to be increased from a train every twenty minutes to a train every fifteen (or whatever) minutes. I've heard that Far Rockaway wanted the service 24/7, since there's already a shuttle train operating between Broad Channel and Rockaway Park.

EDIT: The (MTA) doesn't want to confuse passengers in the Rockaways between two different shuttles during the night.

Edited by RollOverMyHead

Why does the Lefferts shuttle exist anyway, and how long has it existed? That's one thing I've always been confused about - why don't they do at late nights what they do during the day, with two (A) branches?

It exist to take people from Euclid to Lefferts during the midnight hours and the (A) runs to the rocks. If they need rock park they get off at broad channel and wait for that shuttle. They don't do it during the day because risdership is very light.

I've actually never heard of this shuttle. Is it still running? If so, late nights? What designation does it use?

The Lefferts to Euclid shuttle runs 7 days a week starting around midnight to around 6am. Its the (S) designation.

It exist to take people from Euclid to Lefferts during the midnight hours and the (A) runs to the rocks. If they need rock park they get off at broad channel and wait for that shuttle. They don't do it during the day because risdership is very light.

The Lefferts to Euclid shuttle runs 7 days a week starting around midnight to around 6am. Its the (S) designation.

Oh ok that's common at those hours.

But the Lefferts A train do run through Manhattan.

Late hours from Euclid to Lefferts ok

I wished to ride on that nostalgic train I remember those days.

Actually its three A branches

A Lefferts

A Far Rock/Mott Av

A Rockaway Park

Thank you. Do they use R32's or R46's?

Where are they getting the extra R46s for 8 car shuttles?

From the layups parked at the middle track of the Lefferts Blvd Branch.

Jamaica R-46's

Do you know which R46s from Jamaica Yard?

Also, is there an updated car assignment page with the A and the S coming back, as well as the R62A swap, etc?

Thanks

8 car during the day

Typically, the 8-car shuttles run only on weekend days. On weekdays, the demand is generally much lower. And there are plenty of spare R46's at Pitkin on weekends.

Because at night, the (MTA) only wants the (A) to run every twenty minutes like the other 24/7 routes in the subway. Had them run the 207-Lefferts (A) full time then service is gonna have to be increased from a train every twenty minutes to a train every fifteen (or whatever) minutes. I've heard that Far Rockaway wanted the service 24/7, since there's already a shuttle train operating between Broad Channel and Rockaway Park.

EDIT: The (MTA) doesn't want to confuse passengers in the Rockaways between two different shuttles during the night.

It started in the early 90s when they eliminated the H, created the Rock Pk S and the Rush Hour Rock Pk A. Prior to that, Lefferst trains ran 24/7. From Midnight to 5am, The H ran from Euclid ave to Rock Park to Far Rock then back to Euclid. It was known as the "Round Robin" Just before the change, they experimented with having a Far Rock bound H wait at 90th St for a Rock Pk H so FR passengers would have a shorter trip. It all came down to the fact that Far Rock has a greater ridership during overnights. So what was done was its current service pattern. Far Rock A 24/7, a Lefferts Shuttle overnights, and a Rock Pk shuttle 24/7. 

The Lefferts shuttle for some reason uses the yellow (S)

Not all the time. 

• Upvote 1

So if I have this down correctly... since the (A) runs at 20 minutes at late nights, if they ran the Lefferts shuttle both branches would be shafted with 40 minute frequencies, and this is why they run the shuttle?

• Upvote 1

So if I have this down correctly... since the (A) runs at 20 minutes at late nights, if they ran the Lefferts shuttle both branches would be shafted with 40 minute frequencies, and this is why they run the shuttle?

Pretty much. Plus there's really very little ridership for Lefferts late at night for a full length train. 

Typically, the 8-car shuttles run only on weekend days. On weekdays, the demand is generally much lower. And there are plenty of spare R46's at Pitkin on weekends.

Is it because most residents from the Rockaways head for Brooklyn or Manhattan on the (A) during the rush hour and midday periods? I thought there would have been plenty of Rockaway beach crowds regardless.