What fleet of buses you miss the most from NICE/MTA LI Bus?

jgood6195

Mines are the 1996-1998 Orion V CNGs (L10G units).

same here, the 1998 ones could have stayed another 6 months, but they were beat down and they had alot of miles on em, the RVC ones were in good shape and had less mileage since RVC wasn't opened on weekends until mid 2008 or 2009 when they opened it on weekends the in 2010 to the present day they closed on weekends again

same here, the 1998 ones could have stayed another 6 months, but they were beat down and they had alot of miles on em, the RVC ones were in good shape and had less mileage since RVC wasn't opened on weekends until mid 2008 or 2009 when they opened it on weekends the in 2010 to the present day they closed on weekends again

You know, I would not be shocked at all if all the remaining Orion V CNGs (after the rest of the 3Gs come in and replace the junk) get transfered to RVC depot and their NG CNGs are transfered out.

The diesel Orion V's. They were quick and pretty reliable. Only problem was the leaks when it rained. But I never got stuck on one, or had one stall out on me. Those L10G buses were always problems, although they did sound cool.

I felt they got rid of those way too soon, they were still running well and probably had fewer breakdowns than the 100s and 200s, yet the diesel Orion V's were retired too young, so LI Bus could say they were 100% CNG. Reliability went down the tubes at RVC when they got the CNG. Of course now CNG engines are more reliable.

I tell you what buses I dont miss, and that are those ThomasBuilt "School Buses" they used on the JFK Flyer (700s). That and those Orion II CNG's. I also dont miss those 80s Phantoms.

Ahh, those were at MF. What pieces of junk they were! I dont miss 'em one bit!

Some of those 1990-1991 Orion Vs were retired in early 2009 when the 1700s were arriving. But to the units that retired in 2004 and 2005, they could of transfered them over to MTA bus along with the 1992 Orion V CNGs. They could of help replaced those beatup GMC RTS's until the Orion VII hybrids arrived in late 2005.

Archived