LIRR on Christmas Eve to Port Jefferson or Riverhead ??

sonnyinmiami

I'm planning to go out to Calverton National Cemetery on Christmas Eve...from Penn Station... I've already looked online for the LIRR schedules out to Port Jefferson Station then take Suffolk Bus 61 then, transfer to Bus 58 ... or LIRR out to Riverhead Station then, take Suffolk Bus 58 to the Cemetery. Does anyone have any personal experience with these routes on a Major Holiday ? Or any other advice and/or recommendations ? I should most probably get a very early start that morning.... ( Monday, December 24th ). Thanks in advance for any & all advice and responses.

I'm planning to go out to Calverton National Cemetery on Christmas Eve...from Penn Station... I've already looked online for the LIRR schedules out to Port Jefferson Station then take Suffolk Bus 61 then, transfer to Bus 58 ... or LIRR out to Riverhead Station then, take Suffolk Bus 58 to the Cemetery. Does anyone have any personal experience with these routes on a Major Holiday ? Or any other advice and/or recommendations ? I should most probably get a very early start that morning.... ( Monday, December 24th ). Thanks in advance for any & all advice and responses.

may the god be with you S58 will run normal schedule and LIRR to riverhead may run enhanced but god train service SUCKS!! I have done LIRR to S58 before look at http://sct-bus.org/schedules/s58.pdf and http://mta.info/lirr/Timetable/Branch2/RonkonkomaBranch.pdf 11:27 and 3:27 and 7:37 are arrivals at riverhead.

You will need to take the 2 departures 9:14 am and 1:14 pm both are timed with S58 westbound departures to the cemetery.

I did this before S58 actually times very well with the limited service provided to riverhead.

Archived