An R42 Where you'd Least Expect it...

4P3607

Good catch! Anyone know what it might have been there for?

It could have been a move to the (C)... but why on Queens Blvd? There were also TSS inside the train.

The only explanation I have for it is school car... but it seems odd to use that equipment.

(It was originally layed up on the center layup track before the station)

I agree with schoolcar...shortly before Noon today, on my way to Jay Street-Metrotech, on a S/B R46 (F) at Broadway Lafayete, I saw the same thing. I honestly thought they were moving that set of R42 cars from the Jamaica line to the 8th Avenue line...apparently not!

4P3607, great catch! That's quite a rare sight!

I was on a Northbound Q and I saw that 42 set head southbound, I also saw the Track Geometry thingy go by on the Brighton Express tracks as well, I was annoyed i didnt stay at Avenue M station for longer lol

I saw the R42 that you mentioned as well! Brings back memories of when the R40s were on the B. Yep, you should have stayed at Avenue M, because that same R42 went northbound shortly after. It arrived at Newkirk Plaza again twenty minutes later, at 1:24 pm. I also saw the Track Geometry Car, but my train was leaving Church when I saw it. Dammit, I should've stayed at Newkirk Plaza for a bit longer lol.

Archived