R62A's on the 5 line?

borednyorker157

I remember seeing R62as from the 1 red stripe and the 6 yellow stripe when I rode the 5. This was around 1999-2001. Without question, the 5 didn't use the 4's R62s.

I never rode on one on the 5 i've seen it a couple times at Morris Park i always wanted too but always a redbird came and i'd get so annoyed because i was little and was tired of riding a redbird every time i took the train. now i miss them lol

the reason i say this is that the Lex Av line will not be overcrowded and the (1) and (3) lines NEED A UPGRADE

*facepalm*

Lexington Avenue will continue to be overcrowded regardless of what trains it runs, and the 1 and 3 DO NOT need an upgrade - what they have is fine and will continue to be until the mid 2020s.

R62/A's are comming back to the (4)(5)(6) lines, just got to wait for the R188's to go to the (1)(3) and (7)

Only the (7)!!!! Only the (7)!!!! Only the (7)!!!! Only the (7)!!!! Only the (7) line is getting the R188's. It's been stated over 9000 times that the R188 order is strictly for the Flushing Line in anticipation of the CBTC upgrade. Where in foamerland did you hear that the (1) & (3) would be getting R188's? And for the record, a transit employee has already stated the Flushing Line's R62A's are going back to the (6) after asking a higher authority in the MTA...

..one more thing, you won't see any fleet upgrades on the (1) & (3) lines anytime soon for the rest of this decade.

Archived