Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
PinePower

Orion V's at Ocean Ride!

I was shocked when I saw it myself when I was in Toms River this week, but I saw what appeared to be a 35' Orion V on the the OC 10 Toms River Connection. I'm wondering if this is where the retired Suffolk Transit 99s are winding up?

Sorry I couldn't get a photo. I will try next time.

• Upvote 1

I was shocked when I saw it myself when I was in Toms River this week, but I saw what appeared to be a 35' Orion V on the the OC 10 Toms River Connection. I'm wondering if this is where the retired Suffolk Transit 99s are winding up?

It could also be an ex WMATA Orion V or Fairfax connector Orion V as well. Was it really a 35fter?

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by mtattrain
  • Upvote 1

Orions in NJ (and Vs at that)=MAJOR FOAMAGE!!!! Damn I thought the Port Authority's O7s at EWR would be the only ones we'd ever see!

Definitely gonna head down there and see if they really do have O5s.

ohh GOWD they belong on NJT Oceanshit doesn't deserve anything they should be dead.

I wouldn't say Oceanride needs to be "dead", just needs improvement. Some form of transit in the state not affiliated with NJT (or using NJT buses) is good IMO. But yeah they DO belong at NJT lol, definitely more than the CRAPIs.

I wouldn't say Oceanride needs to be "dead", just needs improvement. Some form of transit in the state not affiliated with NJT (or using NJT buses) is good IMO. But yeah they DO belong at NJT lol, definitely more than the CRAPIs.

the only buses that should run not affiliated with NJT are commuter buses to nyc that currently run. Anything else is a waste of taxpayer money oceanride has proven that they CAN'T improve. They refused to raise the fare till it was too late. Their actions have proven that it's more realistic to kill off oceanride and let NJT/academy 130s and 800s lines replace oceanride. They reduced service to 2 or 3 days a week on most routes. They need to stick to only dial-a-bus. If I were NJT I'd eliminate their subsidy and run the needed service myself. You have no clue how PATHETIC THEY REALLY ARE!!! If you want to know what I mean look at academy who ran a new whiting manchester service cause oceanride is USELESS. You won't understand till u see their schedule.

The Nabis are the very reason that I don't fan nor like NJT. Makes me miss their Flexible Metros.

Edited by jgood6195
  • Upvote 1

I was lead to believe that all of Suffolk's recently retired stuff (1996 and 1997 Gillig Phantoms, and 1999 Orion V's) were sent to the scrapper. My source wouldn't tell me where, but did say that he had driven all the Orion V's for his company (except for what turned out to be one) to their destination, so I would assume they were scrapped somewhere on the Island.)

really you don't use buses cause they are NABIs CMON MAN

To be honest, I don't really like how NJT spec their buses in general. Their new Designline OTR CNGs and RTS's (and MCI D4500/4500CTs and Nabi 31 LFWs) are in my opinion, their best buses. I don't like their Neoplans, MCI D4000s, or their high floor Nabis.