The Complex Issue of Gun Laws in the US

Aussieinuk

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="jgood6195" data-cid="639318" data-time="1359645738"><p>

Scientist say that the body scanners do emit radiation and at deadly levels too. Those TSA agents working those things are being killed off at the same time as they are killing the mass public, all part of the plan. I'm just glad I rarely use airports.</p></blockquote>

Those are the BACKSCATTER XRAY machines that are being removed! One thing Alex Jones doesn't tell us is that the other machines don't emit radiation.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Right and once the TSA and the Dept. of Homeland Security goes, then we'll all see another terrorist attack. You've gotta be kidding me. This country is trying to protect itself and you're here saying that the procedure for inspecting people for weapons before they board a plane should be scrapped. Who the hell knows how many terrorists are still out there, plotting against the US?!

Maybe we may seemore homegrown terrorism (The Aurora attacks, the shootings in Conn.) but otherwise the war in Afganistan is pretty much over and Al Qaeda has been severely weakened by the efforts of the US military and the CIA. Doubt that they have the resorces to continue their terror campain. I'm sceptical about the effectiveness of Homeland Security by what their track level over the years reveal. As for the TSA branch of this agency, they are involved in alot of controversy over their practices and I don't believe that nowadays they would have been as effective in detering terrorism despite the initial good intentions of Homeland Security in protecting the American Public from outside attack.

Well, the good news is (if there's any here) is that local lwa enforcement all across the nation are rising up and stating that they will never take firearms from the citizens. Looks like Obama better call in the U.N.

Where is this proposal to disarm the citizenry ? The President, the Congress,, law enforcement have never proposed any such action and never will. How is the UN even mentioned in the conversation? I'd like to know where you're getting this information from or are you becoming unhinged somehow. Fantasyland is located in Lake Buena Vista, FL last time I looked. Your post should be sent there and not spread in the real world IMO. Carry on.

Well, the good news is (if there's any here) is that local lwa enforcement all across the nation are rising up and stating that they will never take firearms from the citizens. Looks like Obama better call in the U.N.

Wrong.

Where is this proposal to disarm the citizenry ? The President, the Congress,, law enforcement have never proposed any such action and never will. How is the UN even mentioned in the conversation? I'd like to know where you're getting this information from or are you becoming unhinged somehow. Fantasyland is located in Lake Buena Vista, FL last time I looked. Your post should be sent there and not spread in the real world IMO. Carry on.

Right, sir.

Shut you're damn mouth! I thought we were cool, but I guess I'm wrong!

Why am I not cool? Is it because I don't agree with 100% of what you say? It's called disagreement, sorry if that offends you.

And you may ask why I used profanity in that post. I did because what you said is highly unlikely. You'd have a better chance getting struck by lightning before congress asks for the weapons of U.S. Citizens.

And to show you how confident I am, if the senario you presented were to become reality, I will travel all the way to NY and pay you $100000.00 in cash as a graditude for you predicting the future, but until then I stand by my position.

Why am I not cool? Is it because I don't agree with 100% of what you say? It's called disagreement, sorry if that offends you.

And you may ask why I used profanity in that post. I did because what you said is highly unlikely. You'd have a better chance getting struck by lightning before congress asks for the weapons of U.S. Citizens.

And to show you how confident I am, if the senario you presented were to become reality, I will travel all the way to NY and pay you $100000.00 in cash as a graditude for you predicting the future, but until then I stand by my position.

Looks like you better get ready to pay up.

I dont think Obama or the democrats will fully ban all firearms. There would be too much political backlash over it. Its one of those types of things that one side says to get their base fired up but in reality is very impractical to actually get passed. A similar thing would be those abortion bans that republican candidates propose, It'll never get through because there the backlash would be too great. 

A likely outcome is a ban on very high powered weapons, like giant machine guns and things, and a stricter requirement for background checks.

Personally I think these bans are a waste of time because it doesn't deter criminals from getting weapons, and it makes the illegal gun trade more lucrative, look how well banning Pot and other drugs is going, people still smoke weed and do crack and stuff.

I have to agree. Now if they were to take smaller steps like a universal background check (tests to make sure a person can safely operate the gun than to just buy it for the sake of it), then that I can see as possible to get passed, but they have to be nuts if they think they can ban the higher powered guns for rural areas like Alaska, Montana etc. Also look at Chicago being turned into a warzone despite the strict gun restrictions. It shows criminals will find ways to get the guns despite the laws.

Cuomo over stepped his bounds with the 10 round limit for the whole state and the polls reflects it. I can maybe understand the limits for NYC, but not for parts of upstate where they don't have cops at nearly every block.

f**k channel 11. I watch their news, but they just had a whole report on how the NRA was arguing that people in Coney Island being looted after Sandy should've been armed, and of course they treated the NRA like a ton of nuts and only let anti-gun people on as usual. Wayne LaPierre was so disrespectful to dare say that people having their property and lives at risk with no cops around should be armed...

I can't stand how they constantly bash conservatives and gun owners, Channel 11 isn't "news" but a bunch of biased bullshit and I have no clue why I watch it. 

f**k channel 11. I watch their news, but they just had a whole report on how the NRA was arguing that people in Coney Island being looted after Sandy should've been armed, and of course they treated the NRA like a ton of nuts and only let anti-gun people on as usual. Wayne LaPierre was so disrespectful to dare say that people having their property and lives at risk with no cops around should be armed...

I can't stand how they constantly bash conservatives and gun owners, Channel 11 isn't "news" but a bunch of biased bullshit and I have no clue why I watch it. 

Dunno either, I get my news from 770 AM and the radio hosts on that station.

I have to agree. Now if they were to take smaller steps like a universal background check (tests to make sure a person can safely operate the gun than to just buy it for the sake of it), then that I can see as possible to get passed, but they have to be nuts if they think they can ban the higher powered guns for rural areas like Alaska, Montana etc. Also look at Chicago being turned into a warzone despite the strict gun restrictions. It shows criminals will find ways to get the guns despite the laws.

Cuomo over stepped his bounds with the 10 round limit for the whole state and the polls reflects it. I can maybe understand the limits for NYC, but not for parts of upstate where they don't have cops at nearly every block.

Indeed.  Yet Cuomo' actions don't surprise me.  He is a typical machine politician...

Archived