The Complex Issue of Gun Laws in the US

Aussieinuk

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And the ironic part of the whole Sandy Hook thing was the guns were brought legally, but in a sense stolen. Pretty callous to use that tragedy as a reason for all the gun bans. I can understand the automatics, but taking away the semi-autos? Do people get to have 4 hand guns in place of that semi? 
If such politicians feel that we don't need such guns, then I'd like to see their body guards under the very same restrictions. Only one bodyguard and one gun. But no, they won't be so willing to do that... more do as I say, not as I do shit.

I agree with you? :blink:

With the domino by czar Cuomo, I won't be surprised that will eventually become illegal very soon.

Class III weapons (which include short barreled rifles and shotguns as well) have been legal in CT for a long time.  They're also unheard of to be involved in crimes.

God, what is it with you and the damn conspiracy nuts? So good for you if you follow stuff like that, most of us don't and don't want to hear anymore of it.

Joe: With the domino by czar Cuomo, I won't be surprised that will eventually become illegal very soon.

You are surprisely on a roll this evening.

Yes, a government bent on domination and with absolutely nothing stopping them systematically killed 12 million people.  The German people were disarmed and destroyed.  The irony of it all: i'm sure plenty of people said "it'll never happen here"...before it -did- happen.

Germany, China, Khmer Rouge, the list goes on and on.  Disarm & destroy.

I don't know about you, but I don't go around breaking into homes.  Probably has a lot to do with why you have an issue with people defending themselves.

Was it the Germans, or was it the Jews, Romanians, and other non-Germans? Please, don't mix them up for the sake of making your point.

Now, I'm not doubting that taking away guns makes people weaker. But you keep on thinking this government of ours is out to kill you, and the fact that you'd allow people to have tanks ( :) ) in this country as it is right now shows your fear, as sarcastic as your comment was (or was not). We're not living in Nazi Germany, or in Mad Max world, are we? And you're not living in a high crime area, are you? 'Cause if you are, you can always move out, you know. You seem to live in constant fear of something bigger than a break-in, something bigger than the average homocide or robbery, dunno, like the President starting a civil war, or the President going far beyond his power, or like the President being a dumbass, like you're thinking right now.

Except he's not. You seem to agree with many of his points. That's why I have my doubts about you.

And that's why I'm actually agreeing with you (not that Alex is actually correct). They seem like a good pair, and so do most of the conservatives here. Always blabbing about how dependent people are on our government and how we need to be become independent and stop sucking the governments' balls. Because according to them, this liberal government that keeps giving rights to every single group that the Nazis, the Chinese and the Italians sought to exterminate will magically do a 180 and kill all the 2nd Amendment afficionados that exist. And that we're all going to be sleeping with Cuomo and 'Bam to get the welfare money for our kids and our libbie-contaminated Kool-aid because we're pussies and need mommy and daddy. The difference is that he's very rational and wiser than Alex, who goes on blabbing as if he's high (see the Piers Morgan interview). But both end up making the same points.

My little paranoid rant there.  ;)

As for breaking in, I don't go breaking into homes. If I have to fight for my life, then I'll use my knives. And if a foreign country is invading us, then I'll be happy to buy a gun.

As for breaking in, I don't go breaking into homes. If I have to fight for my life, then I'll use my knives. And if a foreign country is invading us, then I'll be happy to buy a gun.

By then it will be too late given how long (how much longer now) it will take just to get a permit for a legal gun. If such foreign country does invade, they will likely beat you with an ak47 vs a handgun. Now if you were to go for a black market gun... different issue (which I doubt this gun ban will cover).

Damn criminals at Albany as usual. They didn't act on the Long Island bus crisis, but they were fast to act here..... <_<

1) No where NEAR the same scale, ballfield, world, universe, etc. LIB isn't even their job, that's a municipal issue that Mangano screwed by himself.

2) How does this make them criminals? Do you understand what criminals are? They're the guys who take their assault rifles and blow your face off, those guys. Not the ones with the pens and paper who try to regulate the madness.

THIS.

But, this is a major blue state, so what do you expect? These libtards don't get it, gun control doesn't work, and sadly I don't think they'll ever get it. Crime raises when gun control gets stricter (this is a true statistic everywhere), but that means nothing at all to them, it's all about banning the innocent citizens' guns he/she has to defend themselves.

That's not a true statistic everywhere. Stop pushing that myth, I hear it from all these Conservative blowhards and people start believing it. That statistic is rarely, rarely true--and when it is (people love the UK example), it's usually due to a set of extraneous variables that have a separate effect. There's no evidence that fewer guns mean more crime, and in fact there's generally more evidence the opposite way.

Looks like Obama is set to announce unconstitutional executive orders to circumvent Congress and ban guns, and I think it could (and should) actually get him impeached this time.

At no time has he come even CLOSE to wanting to "ban guns." Nor does he have any plans to circumvent Congress. Just cause one moron from Texas said the word "impeachment" does not mean that's anywhere near the reality. You're not presenting facts here.

The point is to protect one's self from a dangerous government, like say, the NY government.

LOL!

Yes, a government bent on domination and with absolutely nothing stopping them systematically killed 12 million people.  The German people were disarmed and destroyed.  The irony of it all: i'm sure plenty of people said "it'll never happen here"...before it -did- happen.

Germany, China, Khmer Rouge, the list goes on and on.  Disarm & destroy.

I don't know about you, but I don't go around breaking into homes.  Probably has a lot to do with why you have an issue with people defending themselves.

Oh, right, Germany, my favorite example! Where the Nazis actually LOOSENED gun regulations when they came into power, as the Weimar Republic had introduced the most stringent policies themselves. Not to mention, they operated with majority support, so any fantasy of this mass-gun-anti-Nazi-overthrow would never have happened. Remembering history helps here, guys.

Sandy Hook has about as much to do with guns as drunk driving has with cars.  They're involved; they're not the cause.

Incidentally enough, machineguns are legal to own in CT.

What a massively ignorant statement. What reality do you live in that you can possibly argue a gun massacre has nothing to do with guns? Sure guns aren't the cause of the shooting--what does that have to do with it? Playing along, the cause was the insanity of Lanza. So, you tell me then, how any medium besides guns would have enabled him to commit anywhere near the number of killings.

What do you have against Jones? 9 times out of 10, he is right about the problems at hand, and whatever he's not, it's usually worse than he says.

How about, he's a paranoid f**k who makes sh!t up daily and sprays it like verbal diarrhea for people like you to regurgitate and run around like idiots over the "New World Order..."

daddy bush did an executive order on guns in 1989 and i bet everyone applauded that  now obama might do something similar and republicans (specifically tea party) are screaming tyranny are you all just a bunch of hyprocrites?! read and educate your selves for once, it might be good for you and turn off alex jones for once.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/115890/forums/read/17912041/Presidents_Bush_and_Clinton_Also_Used_Executive_Orders_to_Reform_Gun_Laws

I am no "expert" on guns as concourse and myself having since all along there has be able to have some "limited and common sense" gun control laws but continues the protections of the 2nd amendment. At same time the proposals i seen so far by Obama and others w/ new gun control laws does not address a serious problem that causes these mass shootings? The issue of increased funding for serious crisis of mental health as well.

I am no "expert" on guns as concourse and myself having since all along there has be able to have some "limited and common sense" gun control laws but continues the protections of the 2nd amendment. At same time the proposals i seen so far by Obama and others w/ new gun control laws does not address a serious problem that causes these mass shootings? The issue of increased funding for serious crisis of mental health as well.

i also would like to add that goes down to the states too with the mental health

1) No where NEAR the same scale, ballfield, world, universe, etc. LIB isn't even their job, that's a municipal issue that Mangano screwed by himself.

2) How does this make them criminals? Do you understand what criminals are? They're the guys who take their assault rifles and blow your face off, those guys. Not the ones with the pens and paper who try to regulate the madness.

That's not a true statistic everywhere. Stop pushing that myth, I hear it from all these Conservative blowhards and people start believing it. That statistic is rarely, rarely true--and when it is (people love the UK example), it's usually due to a set of extraneous variables that have a separate effect. There's no evidence that fewer guns mean more crime, and in fact there's generally more evidence the opposite way.

At no time has he come even CLOSE to wanting to "ban guns." Nor does he have any plans to circumvent Congress. Just cause one moron from Texas said the word "impeachment" does not mean that's anywhere near the reality. You're not presenting facts here.

LOL!

Oh, right, Germany, my favorite example! Where the Nazis actually LOOSENED gun regulations when they came into power, as the Weimar Republic had introduced the most stringent policies themselves. Not to mention, they operated with majority support, so any fantasy of this mass-gun-anti-Nazi-overthrow would never have happened. Remembering history helps here, guys.

What a massively ignorant statement. What reality do you live in that you can possibly argue a gun massacre has nothing to do with guns? Sure guns aren't the cause of the shooting--what does that have to do with it? Playing along, the cause was the insanity of Lanza. So, you tell me then, how any medium besides guns would have enabled him to commit anywhere near the number of killings.

How about, he's a paranoid f**k who makes sh!t up daily and sprays it like verbal diarrhea for people like you to regurgitate and run around like idiots over the "New World Order..."

My god, what rock have you been hiding under all these years. The FBI themselves admitted that in areas wih guns, crime has dropped a whopping 49%!

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="jgood6195" data-cid="633235" data-time="1358356824"><p>

My god, what rock have you been hiding under all these years. The FBI themselves admitted that in areas wih guns, crime has dropped a whopping <strong class='bbc'>49%</strong>!</p></blockquote>

Like I said, those statistics mean nothing to libtards. It's all about disarming innocent Americans.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="jgood6195" data-cid="633235" data-time="1358356824"><p>

My god, what rock have you been hiding under all these years. The FBI themselves admitted that in areas wih guns, crime has dropped a whopping <strong class='bbc'>49%</strong>!</p></blockquote>

Like I said, those statistics mean nothing to libtards. It's all about disarming innocent Americans.

What do you think MHV is...?  I don't think any other person would have posted that giant a wall of text when given PROOF against his stance.

In order for crime to explode so the Feds could move in and takeover everything. Even as week speak, there are plans going on to emove the right to bare arms.

To the guy that said Nazis loosened Germani's gun laws, you are incorrect. People were forced to give up their guns. They were banned. Made worse that they had to register them prior to that. Making it easier to confiscate. A classic example of, "Disarm so they can't protect themselves".

Britain banned guns. Now they want to ban sharp knives. I heard from someone that lives there that they may also ban blunt objects. Funny how THAT is what makes him think they are going to far. I told him, "They wen't too far when they banned the guns. There gonna have to ban rocks and bricks too. Maybe even fists, that's blunt too right?".

"Anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit atrocities." -- Voltaire

To the guy that said Nazis loosened Germani's gun laws, you are incorrect. Jews were forced to give up their guns. They were banned. Made worse that they had to register them prior to that. Making it easier to confiscate. A classic example of, "Disarm so they can't protect themselves".

Britain banned guns. Now they want to ban sharp knives. I heard from someone that lives there that they may also ban blunt objects. Funny how THAT is what makes him think they are going to far. I told him, "They wen't too far when they banned the guns. There gonna have to ban rocks and bricks too. Maybe even fists, that's blunt too right?".

"Anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit atrocities." -- Voltaire

And that is exactly what is going to happen here unless our local governments act. This mayor, governor, and priesdent are all insane! These actions are a form of treason.

Archived