The Complex Issue of Gun Laws in the US

Aussieinuk

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Screw PATH. PATH as far as I see it act like wannabe TSA agents. I know you guys can find other places to fan besides PATH. No point beating a dead horse on that issue when you know it won't get you any where. All I have to say on that.

Screw PATH. PATH as far as I see it act like wannabe TSA agents. I know you guys can find other places to fan besides PATH. No point beating a dead horse on that issue when you know it won't get you any where. All I have to say on that.

Yeah, now that the system is homogenized with those 'soulless' P5s there's nothing special about the system anymore. At least before when they had the P1-4 you had the big rfws. And others have taken pics of Path from overpasses in Jersey and the Newark Penn station from the NJT platform. I mean what's so damn special about Path to call for this photo ban? It's just a glorified 'subway' system imo.

They need to scrap the TSA. They have never caught any terriost and do nothing but invade people's private areas. Disgusting.

They need to scrap the TSA. They have never caught any terriost and do nothing but invade people's private areas. Disgusting.

The entire Department of Homeland Security seems to be very unproductive, at least in my eyes.

Right and once the TSA and the Dept. of Homeland Security goes, then we'll all see another terrorist attack. You've gotta be kidding me. This country is trying to protect itself and you're here saying that the procedure for inspecting people for weapons before they board a plane should be scrapped. Who the hell knows how many terrorists are still out there, plotting against the US?!

Right and once the TSA and the Dept. of Homeland Security goes, then we'll all see another terrorist attack. You've gotta be kidding me. This country is trying to protect itself and you're here saying that the procedure for inspecting people for weapons before they board a plane should be scrapped. Who the hell knows how many terrorists are still out there, plotting against the US?!

I'm sorry but that is a very narrow minded way of thinking. The U.S. was doing fine prior to the new millennium without all these bullshit procedures and I'm sure it'll do fine now.

No matter, if that's what makes people feel safe than fine. I still got Amtrak and Greyhound.

I'm sorry but that is a very narrow minded way of thinking. The U.S. was doing fine prior to the new millennium without all these bullshit procedures and I'm sure it'll do fine now.

No matter, if that's what makes people feel safe than fine. I still got Amtrak and Greyhound.

Enjoy them while you can, cause soon the TSA will be heading over there in mass.

Enjoy them while you can, cause soon the TSA will be heading over there in mass.

Even my "very narrow minded way of thinking" (as Turbo19 puts it) knows that won't happen. You are such an extremist, its a joke.

I'm not pro or anti TSA by any means but I would wager a few dollars that the deterrent factor has worked in the past few years. The only things ever publicized are the failures of the agency but in my frequent trips in and out of FAY, the home of Fort Bragg, I've never heard any complaints from civilian or military passengers. Are you advocating the removal of all airport security or the replacement of the TSA with another form of security? I hope you're not in favor of completely removing all types of airport screening. What type of security check do you have in mind?

I'm not pro or anti TSA by any means but I would wager a few dollars that the deterrent factor has worked in the past few years. The only things ever publicized are the failures of the agency but in my frequent trips in and out of FAY, the home of Fort Bragg, I've never heard any complaints from civilian or military passengers. Are you advocating the removal of all airport security or the replacement of the TSA with another form of security? I hope you're not in favor of completely removing all types of airport screening. What type of security check do you have in mind?

Any pre-9/11 measures. People who give up their liberty for sercurity deserve neither, that being paraphrased from Thomas Jefferson.

Simply speaking, metal detectors are fairly reasonable.  But body scanners and removing half my clothing for "security screening" are qualities that are better attributed to police states than to to rights-oriented democracies.    

Simply speaking, metal detectors are fairly reasonable.  But body scanners and removing half my clothing for "security screening" are qualities that are better attributed to police states than to to rights-oriented democracies.    

Not to mention the inhumane patdowns.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="jgood6195" data-cid="639237" data-time="1359616829"><p>

You're kidding right?</p></blockquote>

Umm no, the machines they're using don't emit x-rays and show a generic outline of the person with any objects the machine found highlighted in yellow on a screen you can see right on the machine. I've been through that machine a few times already, one time it found something in my left pocket when nothing was there, and last month at PHL it found something in my hood.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="jgood6195" data-cid="639237" data-time="1359616829"><p>

You're kidding right?</p></blockquote>

Umm no, the machines they're using don't emit x-rays and show a generic outline of the person with any objects the machine found highlighted in yellow on a screen you can see right on the machine. I've been through that machine a few times already, one time it found something in my left pocket when nothing was there, and last month at PHL it found something in my hood.

Scientist say that the body scanners do emit radiation and at deadly levels too. Those TSA agents working those things are being killed off at the same time as they are killing the mass public, all part of the plan. I'm just glad I rarely use airports.

Scientist say that the body scanners do emit radiation and at deadly levels too. Those TSA agents working those things are being killed off at the same time as they are killing the mass public, all part of the plan. I'm just glad I rarely use airports.

29crr7c.png

Archived