B44 Driver under arrest.

Olegkha

I was just watching news, and they sad B44 driver was arrested for assulting customer who spit (?) at him.

I dont see details online anywhere yet, so i gues we will have to wait and see what happened on Nostrand and H

Someone on Buschat sad its Q35, but news were talking about B44 and showing pictures of 44 bus stops.

I fully agree with Joe on this, The bus driver shouldn't have been charged at all.

I personally think the guy that spit in the bus driver's face should of been charged and the bus driver let go,

All the bus driver was basically doing was defending himself and protecting himself from the guy that spit at him.

Collaring a bus driver...what a shame. There was once a time when the bus driver wasn't messed with for fear of what punishment he'd dole out. Guess nobody has any respect for public servants...

The mistake the driver made was leaving the bus to punch him, should have done it when he was spit at, spontaneous reaction, more understandable. Make no mistake, I would have punched him also.

Well this is a tough one, but he stepped off of the bus and further engaged in the situation so it isn't self defense. The guy may have spat at him (key word spat at but not spat on) but you have to either contain yourself if no harm was done or do what he did. He obviously thought the later was the correct decision so he'll have to deal with those consequences. This probably wouldn't have even escalated this much had there been a shield there to protect the driver.

I have to agree, I think it was one thing if the driver gave the punk a good beating in the bus, but when he got off the bus to beat him, that was the problem. But it doesn't excuse the punk for spitting 2x and fare beating. It's bad enough another rider had to pay for the pos to shut him up, but to spit after that? I think the driver did everyone a favor by catching the guy, probably a criminal or someone up to no good. If the 7yr rule applied, this justifies as spitting is also an assault as well as god knows what's in his saliva.

I certainly hope they just give the driver a warning than to fire him. We need to send a message that shit won't be tolerated and 'you will be beaten if you started it.'

It has to be the Q35 because - 1. the B44 doesn't go to Kings Plaza; 2. the B41 doesn't stop at Avenue H & Nostrand Avenue, so the logical answer would be the 35.

As for the defense, the driver isn't wrong, but on TA time, you shouldn't have left the bus. My first thought is to close the front doors while he's trying to gain more saliva to spit at your for a second time and fucck his ass up right there at the front stairwell.

Archived