SirJokaPlaya made the NY Times.

SirJokaPlaya

Thanks, guys. I only wished that Ray Rivera would of put my statement of me wishing I could of been down there and helping my NJT brothers and sisters. Yet, he had a deadline to fulfill. I only found out about this this morning after wishing him a Happy Holidays. He forgot to e-mail me since, unfortunately, he was in Newtown, covering the tragedy over there. But, (and I hope this doesn't happen again but you never know with mother nature), if it happens again, I would do it again because I feel their pain with inadequate information that NJT was giving, even though in their defense, they were just swamped with questions after Sandy.

Congratulations on getting quoted in the New York Times and you are alive! You have made it to the pinnacle of journalism and the fact that you were quoted makes it even better. When you get quoted there, it means a lot as not many people that are not in prominent positions ever get quoted (never mind mentioned) except maybe in obituaries which their relatives have to pay to be listed.

24 years ago in 1988, I received a telephone call from a member of the Editiorial Staff at the New York Times asking about a letter that my late father wrote about how the New York Yankee ownership were betraying their fans by reducing the number of games that were televised. We discussed the subject as well as my late father and one day in September 1988 someone where I was working was reading the New York Times when to her utter amazement, there was the article right on the Editorial page with my name mentioned.

Amazing!

Congratulations on getting quoted in the New York Times and you are alive! You have made it to the pinnacle of journalism and the fact that you were quoted makes it even better. When you get quoted there, it means a lot as not many people that are not in prominent positions ever get quoted (never mind mentioned) except maybe in obituaries which their relatives have to pay to be listed.

24 years ago in 1988, I received a telephone call from a member of the Editiorial Staff at the New York Times asking about a letter that my late father wrote about how the New York Yankee ownership were betraying their fans by reducing the number of games that were televised. We discussed the subject as well as my late father and one day in September 1988 someone where I was working was reading the New York Times when to her utter amazement, there was the article right on the Editorial page with my name mentioned.

Amazing!

Hey that is a very cool story, InterestingRider. I was once in the Star Ledger in 1998 winning an art contest for designing an auto garage logo. Got my picture taken and won $50. I wish I could find that article.

SirJokaPlaya:

You may be able to find the article that you are looking for and obtain a copy of it as well.

If you can recall an approximate date in 1998 where it appeared, then it is possible to check through the Star Ledger around that date and find the article. Many public libraries in New Jersey may have the newspaper available through the internet for research.

Many of the newspapers used to have archives where there were clippings from various dates on various subjects, however, I do not know if the Star-Ledger still has one. If it does it is worth a try.

Another source may be the New Jersey State Library website which may have an electronic resource that you can use through the internet. The problem is that access may be for residents of New Jersey only Check for newspapers and see if contains the Star Ledger, it may begin in that year. If it does you will be able to use the key word search mechanism and possibly find the article.

I hope that the information is helpful to you.

SirJokaPlaya:

You may be able to find the article that you are looking for and obtain a copy of it as well.

If you can recall an approximate date in 1998 where it appeared, then it is possible to check through the Star Ledger around that date and find the article. Many public libraries in New Jersey may have the newspaper available through the internet for research.

Many of the newspapers used to have archives where there were clippings from various dates on various subjects, however, I do not know if the Star-Ledger still has one. If it does it is worth a try.

Another source may be the New Jersey State Library website which may have an electronic resource that you can use through the internet. The problem is that access may be for residents of New Jersey only Check for newspapers and see if contains the Star Ledger, it may begin in that year. If it does you will be able to use the key word search mechanism and possibly find the article.

I hope that the information is helpful to you.

I'll give it a shot. Thanks.

Archived