Tagging people

QM1to6Ave

Is there any tagging function for the forum, like you have on facebook, so you could tag someone in a post and they get a notification to read the post?

Sometimes I want to respond to a specific person's post without sending a PM or whatever, but I never know if they will actually read the thread again and see my comment. I realize that tagging could lead to people trying to annoy others by constantly tagging them, etc., but I feel it might be a nice function to have.

Yeah it's called the quote button... If the person wants to receive notifications when they are quoted then they'll be notified. Quite frankly I think more should be done so that if someone wants to ignore or block a member they can do so without having to forego all notifications when someone else quotes them that they want to receive notifications from.

Yeah it's called the quote button... If the person wants to receive notifications when they are quoted then they'll be notified. Quite frankly I think more should be done so that if someone wants to ignore or block a member they can do so without having to forego all notifications when someone else quotes them that they want to receive notifications from.

Like this? How do you change that setting so you get notified?

Like this? How do you change that setting so you get notified?

You go into your notification settings and there's an option for you to be notified when someone quotes you and for other things too. The only thing that I hate is that you can't block members that you don't want to be bothered with so you either accept notifications from everyone or no one...

Archived