The Service restorations & investments for Jan. 2013 Thread!

limitednyc

when the pick goes into effect in mid-late january, charleston depot will become an weekday only depot, with the weekend s79 and s74 operating from yukon, and the s78 from castleton, also the x1 gets long awaited owl/hawk service evey hr mid - 300 from si and 230 - 630 from manhattan.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

when the pick goes into effect in mid-late january, charleston depot will become an weekday only depot, with the weekend s79 and s74 operating from yukon, and the s78 from castleton, also the x1 gets long awaited owl/hawk service evey hr mid - 300 from si and 230 - 630 from manhattan.

The S79 already operates from Yukon. But yeah, I've also heard from several SI Bus ops, that Charleston will be weekday only. Don't forget, the S93 will also be extended further into CSI campus, not much of a change, but it's something.

The S79 already operates from Yukon. But yeah, I've also heard from several SI Bus ops, that Charleston will be weekday only. Don't forget, the S93 will also be extended further into CSI campus, not much of a change, but it's something.

Wow, I completely forgot about that LOL. I knew I overheard something while at the depot on Friday.

Not to mention the S76 being restored (which I would've done differently, but I digress...)

In any case, I wonder how much money they're saving. On one hand, they don't have to staff the depot (other than whatever basic staff they already have there), but on the other hand, it means longer deadheads for the S74, S78, and X17.

Not to mention the S76 being restored (which I would've done differently, but I digress...)

In any case, I wonder how much money they're saving. On one hand, they don't have to staff the depot (other than whatever basic staff they already have there), but on the other hand, it means longer deadheads for the S74, S78, and X17.

For the 78, it's longer. It's not much longer on the 74 or the 17.

Though on the flipside, most S74 and S78 deadheads come from St. George.

• 2 weeks later...

They'll be out soon (the schedules that is) I would imagine maybe sometime next week at the earliest and early January at the latest. I saw counters on some lines recently which means that the winter schedules should be out soon. Some restorations will be happening come January, probably after the holiday.

Sheepshead Bay Bites has January 6th listed for the B4 restoration, which could apply for all service restorations since starting it in the middle of the week I suppose wouldn't work in terms of a set up for the (MTA) 's perspective.

http://www.sheepshea...in-plumb-beach/

Assuming the MTA sticks to their original plan (which could have changed thanks to Sandy, etc.), it'd make sense for the new services to go into effect for the new pick, which last I heard was Jan 7 but I may be mistaken. Around that time, anyway.

Assuming the MTA sticks to their original plan (which could have changed thanks to Sandy, etc.), it'd make sense for the new services to go into effect for the new pick, which last I heard was Jan 7 but I may be mistaken. Around that time, anyway.

Picks always start on Sundays because the payroll week starts on Sunday. The new schedules for Winter 2013 will take effect on 1/6 (Sunday), 1/7 (weekday), and 1/12 (Saturday).

Picks always start on Sundays because the payroll week starts on Sunday. The new schedules for Winter 2013 will take effect on 1/6 (Sunday), 1/7 (weekday), and 1/12 (Saturday).

Typo! Meant to write the 6th, not the 7th...lazy typing. Thanks for the correction.

Have to see if the artic conversions happen as well, lot to go on in this new pick.

The Q36 has bus stop signs up along Little Neck Pkwy. It's so different seeing signs for a bus to Jamaica from the LIRR Station.

Also, it looks like the Q30 extension to QCC is going through as well, because I saw this sign up on the exits from Cardozo High School in Bayside.

q30change.JPG

Archived