The Service restorations & investments for Jan. 2013 Thread!

limitednyc

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What about the X17 since it comes out of Charleston on weekends, will the X17 now come out of Yukon on weekends.

Also, why is Charleston Depot closing on weekends?

More than likely it will... I don't see this as a big deal because before Charleston was open and Meredith opened, Castleton and Yukon were still the two depots handling all of the buses so it isn't like this wasn't happening before.

This doesn't make too much sense to me

Makes perfect sense... Even though Charleston and Meredith have opened Yukon and Castleton are still the two big depots on Staten Island and they still handle the bulk of the routes. What will really be interesting is when Castleton is closed for rehabilitation. They should just tear that damn depot down. Hideous looking to say the least.

So is this Q30 change a mid-route diversion or a short turn with a separate terminal?

It sounds like it's a short-turn. (It says 56th & 223rd is the last stop)

It seems like a short-turn to me as well. I don't think there will be any buses directly from QCC to Little Neck.

More than likely it will... I don't see this as a big deal because before Charleston was open and Meredith opened, Castleton and Yukon were still the two depots handling all of the buses so it isn't like this wasn't happening before.

Makes perfect sense... Even though Charleston and Meredith have opened Yukon and Castleton are still the two big depots on Staten Island and they still handle the bulk of the routes. What will really be interesting is when Castleton is closed for rehabilitation. They should just tear that damn depot down. Hideous looking to say the least.

ohh so what will become of X22 then they might reduce it watch what you wish for. I think it just needs repair.

I wonder how the guide a ride and map schedule will look for the new Q36.

I was thinking the map would be a solid line between Jamaica and Floral Park, then a dashed line between Floral Park and Little Neck to symbolize part-time service.

The Q36 is gonna be the M31 of Queens LOL

Yea, it would look kinda like that, but the Q36 won't serve the whole route full time like the M31.

It would probably be one of those lighter lines with the hollowed out inside in that portion.

Maybe..

Speaking of Q36, where is Q79 sign?

The Q36 is replacing the Q79...

It would probably be one of those lighter lines with the hollowed out inside in that portion.

If it's weekdays only, they'd use the pentagon symbol...

Archived