Bus SWAPS

Novabus 5000

the only thing i know is that Grand Avenue gave away 8532-8536 for free to Ulmer Park! FOR FREE

Ulmer received from GAD 8518-8536 at atime Grand Avenue received 8777-8786 at a time so about them giving away for free is just bogus.

Grand Avenue Depot received 8891-8903 from East New York without anything and 8776 to 8787 with very little in return. Also 8382 made a return to Grand. Grand Avenue is really coming along.

To be honest, I think Grand Avenue is collecting trash but that is just fine by me. Now if only they collect the B7 for their services.

LOL! Sounds as though the garages have to pay each other for buses.

8532 right now is out on my block dead. i mean broke down. and themagic number 8888 from ulmer has been transfered to LGA. they did get something for return. well i think a 83xx got to ULmer. i'll try to find out.

That's true, doesn't make alot of sense to do it in the middle of the day when people are out plus with this bus shortage even if a bus (let's call it bus A) leaves and there is a 15+ minute void before its replacement (bus B) makes it into the depot that's losing bus A. Most depots are at least that far from each other, maybe even further.

And with the shortage that's going on right now which has gotten to the point where many bus operators have had to wait for pull ins so they can pull out, 15+ minutes can hurt scheduling (then the road dispatchers gotta jump in and tell affected bus ops how to fix it).

That's true, doesn't make alot of sense to do it in the middle of the day when people are out plus with this bus shortage even if a bus (let's call it bus A) leaves and there is a 15+ minute void before its replacement (bus B) makes it into the depot that's losing bus A. Most depots are at least that far from each other, maybe even further.

And with the shortage that's going on right now which has gotten to the point where many bus operators have had to wait for pull ins so they can pull out, 15+ minutes can hurt scheduling (then the road dispatchers gotta jump in and tell affected bus ops how to fix it).

Isn't that exactly what happened in last month? They had KB buses during the middle of the day pulling out the depot and on to WF and GH routes and it caused a gap in KB bus service.

Are half the bus swaps that occur even worth it? They take 10+ buses from one depot that's short already and then give the buses to another depot that's short.

My mistake. I meant when bus A goes to another depot for a long time, so long that it should have that depot's stickers and radio system hooked up in it, and bus B comes in as a replacement, receiving the stickers and radio from the depot losing bus A for bus B.

I meant not to include temporary/emergency swaps where buses are not intended to receive the stickers and radio of their temporary depot. I was talking about swaps leaving buses in their new homes for a long time.

Its done in the late night/early morning hours.

That's true, doesn't make alot of sense to do it in the middle of the day when people are out plus with this bus shortage even if a bus (let's call it bus A) leaves and there is a 15+ minute void before its replacement (bus :( makes it into the depot that's losing bus A. Most depots are at least that far from each other, maybe even further.

They do moves in the day off peak also.

Archived