(T) train yard

Subwayfan12

I highly doubt that phase 1 will be completed within the next 20 years. When the project started in 2007, the projected completion date was 2013, so it should've taken 6 years. Now in 2012, the projected completion date is 2018. STILL 6 YEARS. It's as if they haven't made any progress at all.

I live near there and pass by the construction every day. Nobody believes that the MTA will even get to extend the (Q) to 96th, and officially construction is supposed to stop after phase 1 completion, so as far as we know the (T) is not a current project.

The R211 order will be completed before they open the SAS! Wasn't the project started in 2004 or 2005, I thought it was longer then that?

2004 or 2005, you wish! Planning got real in the 60s, and digging for the tunnels first began in the 1970s -- ever since then construction's been on and almost entirely off due to a lack of funds. If it's done by 2020, it'll be 50 years to build the first segment.

Since there is no (T) line, there is no need for a yard to service a non-existent line. When the 2nd Avenue line opens at the end of the decade (which will happen as we've long since past the point of no return and the project thus far is completely funded), the (Q) will serve the line, which is based out of Coney Island Yard. Question answered. Thread locked.

Archived