R160 FIND Questions

narnia0100

I have two questions.

How would these station names appear on the R160 FIND Displays?

-West Fourth Street-Washington Square

-Jay Street-MetroTech

-Hoyt-Schermerhorn Streets

-Clinton-Washington Avenues

-Ozone Park-Lefferts Boulevard

-Aqueduct Racetrack

-Aqueduct-North Conduit Avenue

-Howard Beach-JFK Airport

-161 St-Yankee Stadium

-47-50 Streets-Rockefeller Center

-42 St-Bryant Park

-Jackson Heights-Roosevelt Avenue

-74 St-Broadway

-Briarwood-Van Wyck Boulevard

-Grand Avenue-Newtown

-Sutphin Boulevard-Archer Avenue-JFK Airport

-21 Street-Queensbridge

-West 8 Street-New York Aquarium

-75 Street-Elderts Lane

-Canarsie-Rockaway Parkway

-Middle Village-Metropolitan Avenue

-Lexington Avenue-59 St

-Bay Ridge-95 Street

-Lower East Side-2 Avenue

-Norwood-205 Street

-Bedford Park Boulevard

-Coney Island-Stillwell Avenue

-Jamaica Center-Parsons/Archer

-Atlantic Avenue-Barclays Center

-81 St-Museum of Natural History

-Central Park North-110 St

-Queensboro Plaza

-Broadway Junction

Yikes! I know, it's a long list, but please try your best to answer as much as you can. I know that some of these stations are not serviced by trains that use the R160, so please use the tag [X] for those stations, if you would like to submit your suggestion of what you think it would be if it were on an R160. As for the "R160-valid" stations, please use the tag [T] before your answer(s) if you think that your answer(s) is/are correct and please use the tag [K] before your answer(s) if you know without doubt that your answer(s) is/are correct. This will help me greatly, as I am starting a project with self-made FINDs. As I consider myself a "perfectionist," I tend to like my information to be as accurate as possible. Thank you very much!

And in what situation would the station names on the FIND maps include/exclude the neighborhood/area from the station name?

For example, on the (E) train, the FIND would read "Briarwood-Van Wyck Blvd"; on the (F) train, the FIND would read 179 St (omitting "Jamaica-" part.)

Thanks again!

From,

Zachary

•  

I have two questions.

How would these station names appear on the R160 FIND Displays?

W 4 ST

-Jay Street-MetroTech

JAY-METROTECH

-Hoyt-Schermerhorn Streets

HOYT-SCHERMERHRN

-Clinton-Washington Avenues

CLINTON-WASH AVS

-Ozone Park-Lefferts Boulevard

LEFFERTS BLVD

-Aqueduct Racetrack

AQUEDUCT RACETRACK

-Aqueduct-North Conduit Avenue

AQUEDUCT

HOWARD BEACH-JFK

-47-50 Streets-Rockefeller Center

ROCKEFELLER CENTER

-42 St-Bryant Park

42 ST-BRYANT PARK

-Jackson Heights-Roosevelt Avenue

ROOSEVELT AV

-Briarwood-Van Wyck Boulevard

BRIARWD-VN WYCK BLVD

-Grand Avenue-Newtown

GRAND AV

-Sutphin Boulevard-Archer Avenue-JFK Airport

SUTPHIN BLVD-JFK

-21 Street-Queensbridge

21 ST-QUEENSBR

W 8 ST-NY AQUARIUM

-75 Street-Elderts Lane

75 ST-ELDERTS LA

-Canarsie-Rockaway Parkway

CANARSIE

-Middle Village-Metropolitan Avenue

METROPOLITAN AV

-Lexington Avenue-59 St

LEX AV-59 ST

-Bay Ridge-95 Street

BAY RIDGE-95 ST

-Lower East Side-2 Avenue

2 AV...used to be LWR E. SIDE-2 AV

-Norwood-205 Street

NORWOOD-205 ST

-Bedford Park Boulevard

BEDFORD PK BLVD

-Coney Island-Stillwell Avenue

CONEY ISLAND

-Jamaica Center-Parsons/Archer

JAMAICA CENTER

-Atlantic Avenue-Barclays Center

ATLANTIC-BARCLAYS

-81 St-Museum of Natural History

Not sure on this one

-Queensboro Plaza

QUEENSBORO PLAZA

-Broadway Junction

BROADWAY JCT

Yikes! I know, it's a long list, but please try your best to answer as much as you can. I know that some of these stations are not serviced by trains that use the R160, so please use the tag [X] for those stations, if you would like to submit your suggestion of what you think it would be if it were on an R160. As for the "R160-valid" stations, please use the tag [T] before your answer(s) if you think that your answer(s) is/are correct and please use the tag [K] before your answer(s) if you know without doubt that your answer(s) is/are correct. This will help me greatly, as I am starting a project with self-made FINDs. As I consider myself a "perfectionist," I tend to like my information to be as accurate as possible. Thank you very much!

And in what situation would the station names on the FIND maps include/exclude the neighborhood/area from the station name? For example, on the (E) train, the FIND would read "Briarwood-Van Wyck Blvd"; on the (F) train, the FIND would read 179 St (omitting "Jamaica-" part.)

Thanks again!

There's all your answers in bold up there. As for your second question, it only says Briarwood-Van Wyck so people wouldn't get confused with Jamaica-Van Wyck. The sign says Jamaica-179 St

@narnia, Fresh Pond: A couple of corrections...

- Briarwood-Van Wyck Blvd - "Briarwood-Van Wyck"

- 21 St-Queensbridge - spelled out normally on Manhattan-bound trains; abbreviated as stated above on Queens-bound trains

- Lexington Av-59 St - spelled out normally on Queens-bound trains; abbreviated as stated above on Manhattan/Brooklyn-bound trains

- 81 St-Museum of Natural History - "81 St-Nat History" on (B) programs; "81 St-Natural History" on (C) programs

W 4 ST

-21 Street-Queensbridge

21 ST-QUEENSBR

W 8 ST-NY AQUARIUM

HOWARD BEACH-JFK

In my opinion, I think that the (MTA) should have done W4, 21/Queensbridge or 21/Queens, W8 St, JFK, and one that was not mentioned 23/Ely. I just think that those look better, and they are easier to fit onto the signs.

There's all your answers in bold up there. As for your second question, it only says Briarwood-Van Wyck so people wouldn't get confused with Jamaica-Van Wyck. The sign says Jamaica-179 St

Hi, thanks for your reply. Can you please use the tag [T] before the answer(s) in which you think that your answer(s) is/are correct and please use the tag [K] before the answer(s) in which you know without doubt that your answer(s) is/are correct? Because, I found photos/videos online of R160 FINDs that says "Broadway Junction," instead of "Broadway Jct," "Briarwood-Van Wyck" instead of "Briarwd-Vn Wyck Blvd," "42 St-Bryant Pk" instead of "42 St-Bryant Park," and "47-50 Sts Rock Ctr" instead of "Rockefeller Center" so far. Thanks for all your help! :)

Someone's kind of pushy here...

Hi there,

I'm sorry if I said that in an aggressive tone, as i really did not mean it. I couldn't really find a way to word what I meant to say differently, and I had tried my best to ask in a nice way that if someone could answer using the tags, that I'd really appreciate it in my first post on this thread. I was trying to say that I had found sources that show differently than what he/she responded, so I wanted to ask him/her which answers he/she knew were correct and which answers he/she thought were correct by using the tags, because like I had said before, as I consider myself to be a "perfectionist," I tend to like my information to be a accurate as possible.

Sorry for the misunderstanding,

Zachary

Hi there,

I'm sorry if I said that in an aggressive tone, as i really did not mean it. I couldn't really find a way to word what I meant to say differently, and I had tried my best to ask in a nice way that if someone could answer using the tags, that I'd really appreciate it in my first post on this thread. I was trying to say that I had found sources that show differently than what he/she responded, so I wanted to ask him/her which answers he/she knew were correct and which answers he/she thought were correct by using the tags, because like I had said before, as I consider myself to be a "perfectionist," I tend to like my information to be a accurate as possible.

Sorry for the misunderstanding,

Zachary

Those are accurate for sure... I wouldn't fault his reply. There's no need for him to be tagging everything.

Those are accurate for sure... I wouldn't fault his reply. There's no need for him to be tagging everything.

Hello,

Although most of the names he provided are correct, some, I believe, are not, such as "Briarwood-Van Wyck Blvd," as corrected by Lance, and a few others that I have seen from other sources; I don't know which ones he knew were right and which ones he thought were right, which is why I asked him to tag the names.

He didn't have to necessarily tag every single answer, he could have just tagged the ones he thought were right and wrote "the ones that I did not tag I know are right," or something along the lines of that.

I'm not trying to tell him what to do or anything like that, it's just a suggestion so that I can sort my information easier.

(Of course, no offense to Fresh Pond. I appreciate his help either way.)

Thanks,

Zachary

By the way just to nitpick, Jay St-Metrotech on the FIND is "Jay St-Metrotech" with the ADA symbol and not Jay-Metrotech. That one is for the display only.

Oh. So "Jay St-MetroTech" with the ADA symbol is for the FIND display.

Which display is the "Jay-Metrotech" or "Jay-MetroTech" for? The outside display or the inside (not the FIND) display?

Oh. So "Jay St-MetroTech" with the ADA symbol is for the FIND display.

Which display is the "Jay-Metrotech" or "Jay-MetroTech" for? The outside display or the inside (not the FIND) display?

This is the FIND for Jay Street,

r3GLa.jpg

J8T1Q.jpg

For the (F) The Exterior LCD sign Says "JAY ST - METROTECH"

For the (A) The Exterior LCD sign says "JAY ST" and then "METROTECH"

The Interior says JAY-METROTECH

Wow, some of y'all are really mental. Next thread......

What do you mean? :wacko:

---

I hope you guys don't mind, but I have some more station names that I'd like to know how they would look like if they were on the R160 FIND map. Some stations are only serviced by the IND lines, which the R160s do not service, so if anyone would like to submit what they think the station names would look like if they were on the R160 FIND map, as well as the station names that are serviced by the other lines, I'd really appreciate it. No tags necessary for the stations that are only serviced by the IND.

-59 Street-Columbus Circle

-66 Street-Lincoln Center

-Cathedral Parkway-110 St

-116 Street-Columbia University

-137 Street-City College

-Marble Hill-225 Street

-Van Cortlandt Park-242 St

-Sutter Avenue-Rutland Road

-Flatbush Avenue-Brooklyn College

-Eastern Parkway-Brooklyn Museum

-Grand Army Plaza

-34 Street-Penn Station

-West Farms Square-East Tremont Avenue

-Wakefield-241 St

-Crown Heights-Utica Avenue

-Harlem-148 St

-161 St-Yankee Stadium

-Bedford Park Boulevard-Lehman College

-Mount Eden Avenue

-138 St-Grand Concourse (Both Northbound and Southbound)

-68 St-Hunter College

-Brooklyn Bridge-City Hall

-Eastchester-Dyre Avenue

-Morrison Avenue-Soundview

-East 143 St-St. Mary's Street

-Flushing-Main Street

-Mets-Willets Point

-103 Street-Corona Plaza

-90 Street-Elmhurst Avenue

-82 Street-Jackson Heights

-74 Street-Broadway

-61 Street-Woodside

-46 Street-Bliss Street

-40 Street-Lowery Street

-33 Street-Rawson Street

-Vernon Boulevard-Jackson Avenue

Thanks, everyone! I really appreciate it! :)

Zachary

We'll know after 2025. ;)

Hi,

In the beginning of my post, I had acknowledged that some of the stations are only serviced by IND lines, which are not serviced by the R160s. I had asked that if anyone would like to submit what they think the station names would look like if they were on the R160 FIND, as well as the station names that are serviced by the other lines, that I'd really appreciate it.

See this excerpt from my previous post:

Some stations are only serviced by the IND lines, which the R160s do not service, so if anyone would like to submit what they think the station names would look like if they were on the R160 FIND map, as well as the station names that are serviced by the other lines, I'd really appreciate it. No tags necessary for the stations that are only serviced by the IND.

I apologize for if I did anything wrong.

-Zachary

In my opinion, I think that the (MTA) should have done W4, 21/Queensbridge or 21/Queens, W8 St, JFK, and one that was not mentioned 23/Ely. I just think that those look better, and they are easier to fit onto the signs.

W4 sounds more like a tax form than a subway stop. They could have easily fit "West 4th Street" in the display for all the tourists that get on and off that stop. The goal should be to minimize abbreviations and be informative rather than your idea for it to look good.

I hope you guys don't mind, but I have some more station names that I'd like to know how they would look like if they were on the R160 FIND map. Some stations are only serviced by the IND lines, which the R160s do not service, so if anyone would like to submit what they think the station names would look like if they were on the R160 FIND map, as well as the station names that are serviced by the other lines, I'd really appreciate it. No tags necessary for the stations that are only serviced by the IND.

You've gotten IND confused with IRT on that post.

IRT doesn't have 160s or FINDs. Harzarding a guess for the IRT only stations is bascily up to the person becuase the FIND programing is rather arbitrary.

IND is full of them, E and F are basicly 100% NTT, the M uses IND trackage and is 100% 160

You've gotten IND confused with IRT on that post.

IRT doesn't have 160s or FINDs. Harzarding a guess for the IRT only stations is bascily up to the person becuase the FIND programing is rather arbitrary.

IND is full of them, E and F are basicly 100% NTT, the M uses IND trackage and is 100% 160

Oh, I see. Sorry for the mix-up. Thanks! :)

-Zachary

Revised:

I hope you guys don't mind, but I have some more station names that I'd like to know how they would look like if they were on the R160 FIND map. Some stations are only serviced by the IRT lines, which the R160s do not service, so if anyone would like to submit what they think the station names would look like if they were on the R160 FIND map, as well as the station names that are serviced by the other lines, I'd really appreciate it. No tags necessary for the stations that are only serviced by the IRT.

-59 Street-Columbus Circle

-66 Street-Lincoln Center

-Cathedral Parkway-110 St

-116 Street-Columbia University

-137 Street-City College

-Marble Hill-225 Street

-Van Cortlandt Park-242 St

-Sutter Avenue-Rutland Road

-Flatbush Avenue-Brooklyn College

-Eastern Parkway-Brooklyn Museum

-Grand Army Plaza

-34 Street-Penn Station

-West Farms Square-East Tremont Avenue

-Wakefield-241 St

-Crown Heights-Utica Avenue

-Harlem-148 St

-161 St-Yankee Stadium

-Bedford Park Boulevard-Lehman College

-Mount Eden Avenue

-138 St-Grand Concourse (Both Northbound and Southbound)

-68 St-Hunter College

-Brooklyn Bridge-City Hall

-Eastchester-Dyre Avenue

-Morrison Avenue-Soundview

-East 143 St-St. Mary's Street

-Flushing-Main Street

-Mets-Willets Point

-103 Street-Corona Plaza

-90 Street-Elmhurst Avenue

-82 Street-Jackson Heights

-74 Street-Broadway

-61 Street-Woodside

-46 Street-Bliss Street

-40 Street-Lowery Street

-33 Street-Rawson Street

-Vernon Boulevard-Jackson Avenue

Thanks, everyone! I really appreciate it! :)

Zachary

Archived