R160 FIND Questions

narnia0100

Hi, thanks for your reply. Can you please use the tag [T] before the answer(s) in which you think that your answer(s) is/are correct and please use the tag [K] before the answer(s) in which you know without doubt that your answer(s) is/are correct? Because, I found photos/videos online of R160 FINDs that says "Broadway Junction," instead of "Broadway Jct," "Briarwood-Van Wyck" instead of "Briarwd-Vn Wyck Blvd," "42 St-Bryant Pk" instead of "42 St-Bryant Park," and "47-50 Sts Rock Ctr" instead of "Rockefeller Center" so far. Thanks for all your help! :)

Those were the old programs...

quick thing you need to understand, Naria0100, is that these signs can be reprogramed quite easly.

Over the decade plus we've had the NTTs, their sign programs have been altered several times. On the R143s, for example, when they were new, the sign at the ends of the car on the cealing use to say ""insert name here' Next" for the next stop. It was only later is was changed to "The Next stop is" reset "Insert name here". IE "8TH ave next" instead of "the next stop is"-----"8TH ave".

And then there was the 143's "Myrtle-Wyckoff" trifecta.

The route map, cealing signs, and automatided annocuments all give the station a diffrent name. One said "Myrtle ave" (at the time, the correct answer), one said "Myrtle-Wyckoff", which became right later when they renamed the stations, and a third called the station just "Wyckoff ave".

Those were the old programs...

Hello,

I'm confused. After reading Lance's post, I thought that, for example, 21 St-Queensbridge would be spelled out normally Manhattan-bound, but would be spelled out "21 St-Queensbr" Queens-bound so it could fit (some sort of abbreviation of) "<QUEENS>" after the station name. My thinking applies the same to "Lexington Av-59 St.""

Do you know when or approximately when they changed it from the Old Programs to the New Programs (the one with the station names that you posted on your first post)?

And I don't really understand why they changed "Briarwood-Van Wyck" to "Briarwd-Vn Wyck Blvd" and "Broadway Junction" to "Broadway Jct." "Briarwood-Van Wyck" and "Broadway Junction" look more "helpful," for the lack of a better word.

Archived