Minor Derailment on the (A) Line

trainspot12

From ABC New York (WABC)

The wheel assembly of the last car of a southbound A train derailed in the area of West 81st Street in Manhattan.

The incident was reported just after 9 a.m. on Saturday. There were no known injuries. Passengers in the train are being removed to a train that is being directed to the derailment scene.

Southbound A and D trains are running on the local tracks due to the derailment.

Charles Seaton, Spokesperson for the Transit Authority says that it is unknown how soon before full service will be restored. The authority will also be conducting an investigation of the cause of the derailment prior to the restoration of service.

From ABC New York (WABC)

The wheel assembly of the last car of a southbound A train derailed in the area of West 81st Street in Manhattan.

The incident was reported just after 9 a.m. on Saturday. There were no known injuries. Passengers in the train are being removed to a train that is being directed to the derailment scene.

Southbound A and D trains are running on the local tracks due to the derailment.

Charles Seaton, Spokesperson for the Transit Authority says that it is unknown how soon before full service will be restored. The authority will also be conducting an investigation of the cause of the derailment prior to the restoration of service.

This is why i dont like those f**king R46's and the f**king (A) train.

im sorry guys i had to let out my anger

There is also this:

Service Change Posted: 12/22/2012 11:50AM

Due to a rail condition at the 81 Street-Museum of Natural History Station, downtown a.png and d.png trains are running local from the 125 Street Station to the 59 Street-Columbus Circle Station in both directions.

So the derailment is not minor.

im sorry guys i had to let out my anger

Really? You're swearing off an entire line and fleet because of a derailment?

If we go by that logic, then shouldn't you hate virtually all cars and lines?

Really? You're swearing off an entire line and fleet because of a derailment?

If we go by that logic, then shouldn't you hate virtually all cars and lines?

no i hated the (A) since i first got on the subway, and the R46's i dont.... well....

"The car that put Pullman Standard out of business" The R-46 on the (A) Derailed today hmmm...

I wonder if the R46 had anything to do with it and not just the rails itself.

Not saying I hate the R46 or any other train I'm just wondering if the R46's also played a role in this.

I am also glad no one got hurt.

"The car that put Pullman Standard out of business" The R-46 on the (A) Derailed today hmmm...

I wonder if the R46 had anything to do with it and not just the rails itself.

Not saying I hate the R46 or any other train I'm just wondering if the R46's also played a role in this.

Reading helps.

Oh this just in, it was a broken rail travelled over at a high rate of speed which made wheel come off, it wasnt the fault of the equipment

Archived