Minor Derailment on the (A) Line

trainspot12

I case such as this, when passengers are unable to walk to the station, how are the said "customers" discharged form the train?

Four ways (i'll use this location as an example):

1 - bring a rescue train up from behind, pull it up tight, customers walk through, wrong rail back to 125 (obviously the worst idea of all having to deal with a second train)

2 - wrong rail a rescue train from up front, pull it up tight, customers walk through, bring it back to 59 (the train would overhang the switch to get into 72, so can't go into 1 track)

3 - bring a train up along side, use several emergency evacuation device, customers walk across to 2nd train and out of the station at 81.

4 - once it's safe to do so, just put the customers in the first undamaged half (assuming its undamaged), cut the train and take 4 cars to 59. As was seen, only four cars remain there (the other four taken away), and they're still there.

#2 was what they did, as its the easiest of the four. The front four cars must remain until System Safety completes their investigation, and by time that is done all those customers would have been at their destinations with #2.

here a video I took earlier today. If you skip to 8 seconds you can see the broken rail.

Wow, nice catch R33WF. That's some break.

I case such as this, when passengers are unable to walk to the station, how are the said "customers" discharged form the train?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think they brought in a "rescue train" which would pull in from the opposite end really close to the train in distress and have the passengers evacuate to the rescue train.

I've heard of capitals and punctuation. Have you? You are just like Depotofrelax and Chargerdodge09. Something's going on here... :ph34r:

Is this a problem with maintenance? This is not a coincidence.

Doea punctuation really matter? Not like anyone getting graded or anything.

Broken rails happen, can't avoid it.

This was cause by a metal wire hanger that had fallen on to the road bed as the last car went over it, No wheels came off, I went by it, I spoke to the supervisors that were there. There is damage to car # 6070 North motor from scraping against the bench wall in the tunnel. Last seen the 4 car set was at 59st being pulled by a diesel to a yard, I don't know which yard. Thank you.

This was cause by a metal wire hanger that had fallen on to the road bed as the last car went over it, No wheels came off, I went by it, I spoke to the supervisors that were there. There is damage to car # 6070 North motor from scraping against the bench wall in the tunnel. Last seen the 4 car set was at 59st being pulled by a diesel to a yard, I don't know which yard. Thank you.

Which explains the rail breaking and the wheel riding up and over. Yes it was upset it was 6070/72 (which I operated north the day before) as that's one of the better motors.

Some bondo and a coat of paint and she's back brand new. I had the worst day because of this. I did 4 all local trips the entire day while all the C crews were having Christmas parties and poping champaign....

I did two on the wall as well and a no lunch and a late clear and bleeping dude smiling away on the (C)

This Just In: The Wheel Really Did Come Off Of The Truck Of The Train!

Congrats! You took my advice... a little far.

LOL most people here go with the source that sounds the foamiest. If one of the news articles said it was an R44, there'd already be a 2 page locked thread going about the 44's returning to the (A).

I love you! (not seriously) That really made me laugh. Too bad I hit my like limit.

Archived