Car crashes into bus on Staten Island Expressway

ciboii22

Well There Goes 2777....

8930435_448x252.jpg

NEW YORK (WABC) -- A car appears to have crashed into a bus and caught fire Monday morning on the Staten Island Expressway.

It happened just after 8 a.m. in Arrochar, Staten Island.

Fortunately, there are no known injures.

Construction workers at a nearby site directed water onto the burning car until firefighters arrived.

The cause of the crash is under investigation.

http://abclocal.go.c...york&id=8930432

How can you tell from a far away-overhead-smoky shot?

How 'bout you wanna see it repaired since the three sevens make it catchy bus number?

Definitely looks like it can be fixed..from the picture at least. High floor buses can take harder hits than low floors due to the chassis beams that run down the center of the bus. And from the pick, it doesn't look like the car hit that deep into the bus

I haven't been following the numbering patterns, but I am assuming this is a new bus right? Oh well, I hope the insurance companies covers the costs... if it was a 1900, 2000, would it be safe to say that bus would've gone to scrap?

I think so because that bus is 12 years old already. Poor Yukon..... (1 down, 79 to go)

I think so because that bus is 12 years old already. Poor Yukon..... (1 down, 79 to go)

Wouldn't matter, they've repaired 2040 (the bus that caught on fire on the NJ Turnpike). This one is DEFINITELY repairable since its most likely just body damage.

Not so fast! Remember that back in August, #2040 had a fire while on the Staten Island Expressway. That bus was repaired and returned to service even though that was a 1999 unit that just so happened to be the oldest MCI D4500 in service at the time. I believe the 2700s are 1999-2000 buses, so they could repair this one as well.

Wouldn't matter, they've repaired 2040 (the bus that caught on fire on the NJ Turnpike). This one is DEFINITELY repairable since its most likely just body damage.

Oh damn, I didn't see your post.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived