R142/A programs

Subwayfan12

The (1) and (3) only have the base programs - 242 to/from South Ferry and 148 to/from New Lots. There are multiple programs for all of the other lines, including a really odd (2) 148 to Flatbush via Lexington and (7) from Main St to 34-Penn Station (which I think might be a placeholder for the 34-Javits). The 2/4/5/6/7 have just about every combination (except for the (2) to South Ferry, strangely enough....but there's a (2) to Bowling Green via 7 Av so you can skip out the last stop to make it a (2) to South Ferry)

Yeah when they did that (2) Dyre-South Ferry GO, crews were instructed to make manual announcements down to E180, and then load the (2) 241-Chambers program (there isn't a Dyre-Chambers (2) program but there IS a Dyre-South Ferry (5) program!). A couple of C/R's are slick with the TOD and did the Bowling Green skip out instead, and some others loaded the (1) 242-South Ferry program once they got south of 42 St.

Going N/B, C/Rs would activate the (2) Flatbush-Dyre program once they got to Chambers St.

I don't know. I've tried to load that program on multiple sets and it gives an error message. The (7) to 34-Penn Station has 34 right after Times Square so *FOAMER ALERT* this is concrete evidence that the MTA is planning on building a loop track between the Flushing and 7 Av line.

I don't know. I've tried to load that program on multiple sets and it gives an error message. The (7) to 34-Penn Station has 34 right after Times Square so *FOAMER ALERT* this is concrete evidence that the MTA is planning on building a loop track between the Flushing and 7 Av line.

What 34th street-Penn Station would that be?

Okay, before this gets escalated any further, I need to clarify for those of you who are unable to detect sarcasm that I was JOKING about that Flushing/7 Av connection, but that (7) program to 34-Penn St is real. I've never actually heard the 34-Penn announcement since there's no way to get it to play (since it is the last stop) without actually taking the train on the road and setting it up. Any T/O's in A-Div want to give this a try on their next layup? My guess is that it's a placeholder for when they add 34-Javits station, although the R160's have programs for the (Q) to 72 St-2 Av and 96 St-2 Av in there too.

Oh and for the record, the voice of the (7) and (S) is NOT Dianne Thompson. She only did the (1)(2) and (3) (and did not, as has been widely believed around here, record anything for the B-Div). I don't know the name, but I don't think she recorded anything in B-Div either. Supposedly the (7) will get all new recordings before the 188's go into service, since stations like Willets Pt and Court Square (not to mention Javits) need new recordings.

Archived