Snowy Surprises!

Astoria Line

Real nice ones this time. So MCI's on the Bx23 are standard now? Only a matter of time before the MTA demands the $5.50 upfront.

Not really standard, I believe there have been a shortage of 05s. I doubt the MTA would charge 5.50 for that lol

What is that supposed to mean?

Just what it says... Those buses should not be on local lines. Too much traffic and those seats will be torn apart. I know from experience when they put the old RTS express buses out of Ulmer Park on the local bus lines with soft seats... Those seats were literally ripped up and had to be all replaced with hard seats... Smdh...

Just what it says... Those buses should not be on local lines. Too much traffic and those seats will be torn apart. I know from experience when they put the old RTS express buses out of Ulmer Park on the local bus lines with soft seats... Those seats were literally ripped up and had to be all replaced with hard seats... Smdh...

How will those seats be torn apart? And the Bx23 is a Loop.. Like have you ever rode it before? Oh yeah right you stay away from bronx local routes, i forgot...

How will those seats be torn apart? And the Bx23 is a Loop.. Like have you ever rode it before? Oh yeah right you stay away from bronx local routes, i forgot...

The same way the soft seats were torn apart on the old RTS express buses when they were put on local bus routes in Southern Brooklyn... It doesn't matter what line it is... Express buses are not for local bus routes because there is too much traffic and too much wear and tear on those buses... They are commuter buses meant for commuter routes. This is a total waste of money as those buses will have to be rehabbed. It's like putting MetroNorth trains on the subway... A total no-no... All it takes is some genius to get on and slash up the friggin' seats...

The same way the soft seats were torn apart on the old RTS express buses when they were put on local bus routes in Southern Brooklyn... It doesn't matter what line it is... Express buses are not for local bus routes because there is too much traffic and too much wear and tear on those buses... They are commuter buses meant for commuter routes. This is a total waste of money as those buses will have to be rehabbed. It's like putting MetroNorth trains on the subway... A total no-no... All it takes is some genius to get on and slash up the friggin' seats...

ok you're definitely not saying what you wanna say. in case you didn't realize, express buses get into traffic themselves, I know someone who used to operate one at UP. Second of all, if you've ever rode the Bx23, it is a LOOP, barely gets into traffic.... Oh so you're saying a "genius" will get on a local route and slash the seats, but can't do it on an express route? Oh ok. Just tell me what you REALLY wanna say, instead of just beating around the bush. k?

ok you're definitely not saying what you wanna say. in case you didn't realize, express buses get into traffic themselves, I know someone who used to operate one at UP. Second of all, if you've ever rode the Bx23, it is a LOOP, barely gets into traffic.... Oh so you're saying a "genius" will get on a local route and slash the seats, but can't do it on an express route? Oh ok. Just tell me what you REALLY wanna say, instead of just beating around the bush. k?

What I'm saying is it is more likely to happen on a local bus route, as has been proven in the past when express buses have been put on local bus routes in Brooklyn and Staten Island and the buses were ripped apart. It's something that the (MTA) knows too, so for them to put these buses on those lines is just completely irresponsible and wasteful. At least they're using some of the older MCIs out of Eastchester but they've got local buses sitting in storage with hard seats, so I find it inexcusable to be using these express buses for local bus service knowing how they're highly prone to being damaged. Local buses are built to withstand the every day wear and tear that local bus riders put on those buses. When I say traffic, I don't mean congestion. I'm talking about passengers... There's only one door on an express bus because it's not meant to be a stop and go type of bus like local buses are.

Furthermore, most of our express buses are in pristine condition and if they aren't it's usually non regulars riding leaving a mess or in this case local bus riders. At least the fare is going up to $6.00... :D

You can't say only the local riders tear up the equipment because those 2200s on Staten Island have been vandalized quite a bit and to date they have never been on a local run.

Of course not.... 22xxs mainly run on the X10 which unfortunately runs through a few crappy areas like near Park Hill, so you get the occasional local bus riders making a mess. I've seen quite a few of them get on with their food, eat and then throw the bag and drink under the seat like some kind of savage. <_< And you know what I'm saying is true. You have some express bus riders that will leave their newspaper and such on the bus but I have yet to see a regular express bus rider eat or drink and leave their crap on the bus.

On a side note, did the three of you (you, dmouse and 7/11) all go for a walk at the same time for that Q56 shot? Good God... :lol:

Yeah, I'm friends with them..

and you sound pretty damn ignorant for making it seem like all local bus riders cause a mess.. at least they aren't elitist and ignorant like you

and you sound pretty damn ignorant for making it seem like all local bus riders cause a mess.. at least they aren't elitist and ignorant like you

lol... Don't get pissed with me for telling things like it is... I've seen numerous express buses put on local bus lines that were torn apart and they didn't just get that way by themselves. The old saying a few spoil the batch for everyone holds true...

Archived