SI X7 to Manhattan

TheObserver

Does anyone know if there is a bus stop for the X7 in the area of Spring Street off Hudson St in Manhattan. I work in a building at Spring and Hudson and would like to start taking the Express Bus from Staten Island to work. I looked at the schedule and it says there is a stop at Spring St - Greenwich St but when I went outside today to look for it. It was no where to be found. Im wondering if the stop was removed and the schedule hasnt been updated.

Thanks

Pick up stops for the X7 are along West Houston St... There is one right by Broadway where it turns at and then another over by West St (Washington St.) You can't miss it because the X9 also makes those stops, so the X7 should stop pretty close to where the X9 stops there on that block. Dropping off however there is a stop on Spring & Greenwich but since it's Drop-Off only they didn't bother to put up a stop there. Just ring the bell when you want that stop and the B/O will you drop you off there.

P.S. Welcome aboard... Nice to see another express bus rider... We're a rare species around here. :lol:

Pick up stops for the X7 are along West Houston St... There is one right by Broadway where it turns at and then another over by West St (Washington St.) You can't miss it because the X9 also makes those stops, so the X7 should stop pretty close to where the X9 stops there on that block. Dropping off however there is a stop on Spring & Greenwich but since it's Drop-Off only they didn't bother to put up a stop there. Just ring the bell when you want that stop and the B/O will you drop you off there.

To add to what Via said Most NYC Transit Express bus stops don't have stops placed for drop offs from those express routes only in Manhattan.

Yeah, I know the area... I work not too far from there (I'm over by Christopher)....

* Going back to SI - Just walk over to washington & west houston (on the same side as the fuel refill station [for the UPS trucks]).

* Coming into Manhattan - there's a stop right there on Spring, at Greenwich (which is perfect for you).

Edit:

Yeah, you didn't see it because it's not marked....

They only got the local (the M21) as stopping there, but the express buses do drop off there as well....

To add to what Via said Most NYC Transit Express bus stops don't have stops placed for drop offs from those express routes only in Manhattan.

It is strange though because just about all (MTA) Bus express bus routes have those Drop-Off stops and the B/Os generally do not deviate from them either... Wonder why it's different for NYCT express buses... Always wondered about that actually... :huh:

It is strange though because just about all (MTA) Bus express bus routes have those Drop-Off stops and the B/Os generally do not deviate from them either... Wonder why it's different for NYCT express buses... Always wondered about that actually... :huh:

Plus, the MTAB stops list what times the routes run (Rush Hours Only, Weekdays Only, No Sunday Service, etc), whereas the NYCT routes don't.

In any case, my guess is it probably had to do with the fact that the MTA Bus routes were run by private companies, so they had to designate a specific area for them to drop off (they couldn't just pull into an NYCT stop like the other express routes do, because they would be blocking an NYCT bus). They probably figured they might as well keep the same tradition after the lines were taken over.

For those drop-off signs, I always wondered if they were put up on specific routes after people complained if they were trying to meet someone who was getting off the bus and couldn't find the drop-off point.

I know it sounds silly, but I remember when they re-numbered the QM1/A to 1/5/6, it was after complaints from old ladies who wanted to get on the same bus as their friends but didn't know how to tell which bus their friends were riding lol.

For those drop-off signs, I always wondered if they were put up on specific routes after people complained if they were trying to meet someone who was getting off the bus and couldn't find the drop-off point.

I know it sounds silly, but I remember when they re-numbered the QM1/A to 1/5/6, it was after complaints from old ladies who wanted to get on the same bus as their friends but didn't know how to tell which bus their friends were riding lol.

It's actually not silly at all. You have a lot of folks that will wait at drop-off stops to pick up people and if there isn't one around it makes it annoying for those trying to locate it. They should be up for all express bus stops. The problem is room I guess.

Yeah, I know the area... I work not too far from there (I'm over by Christopher)....

* Going back to SI - Just walk over to washington & west houston (on the same side as the fuel refill station [for the UPS trucks]).

* Coming into Manhattan - there's a stop right there on Spring, at Greenwich (which is perfect for you).

Edit:

Yeah, you didn't see it because it's not marked....

They only got the local (the M21) as stopping there, but the express buses do drop off there as well....

Oh ok...I thought they had signs like some Staten Island stops do that say Drop Off for Express...good to know..thanks

I just want to thank everyone who posted a response to my question. You guys are the best. I'm planning to take the X7 to work more often now, since knowing a stop is right down the street for me. :)
Oh ok...I thought they had signs like some Staten Island stops do that say Drop Off for Express...good to know..thanks

Like I just got through telling another member, people know their stuff on this forum.....

As for your concern.... Sure, no problem man thumbsup.gif

Archived