Where can I find some RTS buses

megabus

Hello friends,

To prepare for my future trip in your city, I would like to know on which lines can we still find RTS buses models... Reassure me, it is still in active service?

I'm mostly on borought Brooklyn, Queens, Staten Island and Manathan.

Sorry for the Bronx but that's for another time. :blush:

This is a very typical and mythical bus model for foreigners like me and represents the real New York bus, the one we always saw in movies, serials, TV shows...

Thank you in advance for your help and advice.

C U soon,

Laurent from Nice (JFK)

You can't go wrong with the B41 and B44 (well basically any Flatbush route in Brooklyn). One area you could go to is Downtown Brooklyn. They still have hundreds of RTS's over there. You could also travel to Kings Plaza or Broadway plaza to see some RTS's action. There are plenty of other areas you could go to, but the ones I gave you are the best places in Brooklyn for these buses. Queens also have Jamiaca and Flushing(somewhat) too. Good luck with Manhattan though because you will only see these buses on certain lines (like the M9 and M10). Manhattan is basically Orion VII hybrid city and Staten Island have no RTS's at all. They are Orion V country.

In Manhattan - I find the M42 and 57th Street (M31 and M57) are the best places to catch RTS's more frequently.,,Stand right at the heart of TSQ 42nd and 7 AV and you'll see them on M20, M42 and M104's...and its best to go on a weekday...weekends almost everything in Manhattan is Hybrids, Articulated or Express Coaches...

O5's are much more harder to find than the RTS in Manhattan now...Only the Q32, Q101 (ex-BLs) and M100 use them that come into the city....

Don't worry about the Bronx its RTS-free anyway unless there's a Subway Shuttle (GO) going on.

If you want to search for Orion Vs too, Staten Island, Queens and Nassau (and Westchester county) county are you best bet.

On that note I would say Flushing or Jamaica (Queens) are the 2 Hubs in the entire 5 Boroughs that give you the most Diverse base of the Local Fleet...Flushing more than Jamaica because you will see more O5s in Flushing...Only thing you'd miss are the NF D60HF's

On that note I would say Flushing or Jamaica (Queens) are the 2 Hubs in the entire 5 Boroughs that give you the most Diverse base of the Local Fleet...Flushing more than Jamaica because you will see more O5s in Flushing...Only thing you'd miss are the NF D60HF's

And Orion VII OG CNGs, New Flyer XD40s, and Orion VII 3G diesels.

The M66 and M72 lines are exclusively RTSes, so those could be a decent bet...right around 66th and 5th they come together, that's a good spot. But mainly I'd hit up Downtown Brookyn as was recommended, LIC on a weekday, and the area around ENY depot has tons thanks to the routes and deadheads as well.

I noticed, thanks to you friends, a lot of place to go to take pictures.

For the B44 is very good: this is my line to go buy donuts! B-)

Downtown Brooklyn will be on my plans, Brooklyn college to see lines B41 and B44 and Flushing for the Queens.

Time Square (42nd street/7th ave) for Manhattan should be well also, hoping that the traffic is not too intrusive. I will choose a weekday, where on Wednesday or Friday because I'm in Philadelphia on Thursday.

I have another question: are there lines with articulated buses on brooklyn? I must admit to not remember seeing pictures with.

C. U. soon,

Laurent

Annuler les modifications

And Orion VII OG CNGs, New Flyer XD40s, and Orion VII 3G diesels.

OG CNG's and 3G's are not really a huge miss IMO as they're the same body as diesel OG's and NG's (which you will see plenty of in Jamaica and Flushing) with different modifications. XD40 and D60HF are the only real structurally different bodies of the Local fleet that will be missed..

I have another question: are there lines with articulated buses on brooklyn? I must admit to not remember seeing pictures with.

Right now Brooklyn does not have any dedicated Artic Routes...That will change in the near future...You are however likely to catch Artics in BK on weekends as there's almost always a GO (Subway Shuttle) going on...

Right now Brooklyn does not have any dedicated Artic Routes...That will change in the near future...You are however likely to catch Artics in BK on weekends as there's almost always a GO (Subway Shuttle) going on...

Thanks Lennyj17,

The "GO" buses are bus shuttles providing "subway shuttle" in case of interruption of service during maintenance or other reasons?

Thanks I Been Trying To Find An Original Scheme!

None out of MJQ, none out of UP, none out of GA, almost none out of FP, few out of FB, few out of 126, few out of QV, few out of JAM, bunch out of JFK, bunch out of ENY, ton out of LGA. Best bet is LGA.

Archived