IF YOU SEE SOMETHING, SAY SOMETHING; An Observation

CDTA

Note: Now while this could've been put in the random thoughts thread, I think a discussion can emerge from this.

So, I was on the (L) this afternoon, and I saw this one person who was sitting. On one side of him was a backpack, and on the other was a box of cigarettes. Well, at 6th Ave, he gets off, without the bag or cigarettes. At the next stop, me, along with two women, go and alert the conductor. One thing I was surprised about tough, was how the C/R handled it. She mainly just handed the task onto the next C/R, both of which didn't really do anything. (I left after about 45 seconds, so something might've happened after that) (Also, just another side note, the person who left the bag was not of middle eastern decent either)

So, what are your thoughts on this?

Wtf?

Anyways, I think they might have done a little more, analyze the problem, but as long as it wasn't harming anyone, just get rid of it or something.

I'm sorry to say, but do you think you would find a Black, White or Hispanic, planting bombs on trains?

Well... The first one may not have been racial profiling, whatever, but if this isn't, goodbye cruel world.

Here in the UK, this is something that is absolutely no way ignored.

Train+station would be evacuated and emergency services called.

I agree with this statement 100%. This is why I like European Rail. They don't give any slack on these kinds of stuff.

I don't think that's what he meant...it'd be racial profiling if he flipped because the guy was Middle Eastern, but I think his point was that that wasn't the case, and that may be why very little action was taken. Lots of cops and officials assume that nobody's up to any trouble unless they're Middle Eastern, that's the racial profiling. [Take that situation with the two white kids with explosives in the East Village, the NYPD just passed that off as a couple drugged out kids -- imagine what they would have done if it'd been two Muslim kids. They'd be in jail by now, I can say that much.]

Did you like skip all the posts after you read those three comments? Reading is fundamental sir and I took back the comment.

Archived