Shalom!

Diesel

First of all sorry for my english.

My name is Alexander (jewish is Sender), but better if you just call me Diesel.

25 y.o., single, im from Ukraine, in 1 month moving to Israel.

I never have been to (in?) U.S., moreover i have been denied to U.S. visa 3 times((( loser... will try again in Israel.. and also 3 years playing the Green Card lottery.... not lucky yet.. double loser.

Now learning english, have a plan to move to Canada as truckdriver, not USA, but closer, and more feasible. I'm registered to may immigration forums, and know how hard all this immigration things, and i cant just move to the USA. This is why i'm learning english, but all this forums are russian-speaking. As most of us i many years dreaming to live in NYC or around. And i hope i will luck, even it will take 10-20-30 years of my life, i'm young and have much time, and it doesnt matter how, directly or Ukraine -> Israel -> Zimbabwe -> Japan -> Canada -> Cuba -> Moon -> USA. :wacko:

I love driving NYC streets in Google Earth, also enjoying watching movies about NYC, like 3 parts of Discovery / New York: Inside out

1. Transportation

2. Power

3. Water and Waste

So i love transportation, infrastructure, traveling, architecture, photography, and i'd like to start discussion, and would like you're become my friends.

I have hundreds friends from Brooklyn, but they are all religious jews, always busy and don't have time for discussions.

Thank you!

Hello there! You'll find us to be a great community (at times), and we're all looking forward to having you in this community. Also, don't worry about your english. It's pretty good, and we have many other people from your side of the world on here.

CDTA,

Hi! Thanks for replying, yes, really nice forum, i long wanted to found forum like this, about transportation of USA, in particular in NY, just a little to understand what happening in city where i'm dreaming to live. :rolleyes:

Im also registered since 2007 on the world largest architecture forum skyscrapercity.com, but i always felt it was not enough, cuz forum about happening above the ground (buildings, skyscrapers, etc), and almost nothing about ground life (mta, subway, buses, transportation, nypd, nyfd, etc).

And when i with my friend watching movie that filmed in NY, my friends look at the main character, i look at the background, buildings, cars, buses, people, hydrants, police, traffic lights :lol:

Welcome to NYC Transit Forums Alexander! Enjoy your stay!

Welcome to the forums, Alexander!

Thank you guys!!

Shalom! Do you live by Ocean Parkway?

Hi! Ocean pkwy? lol :lol:

Yossi is this you??

No, i dont live by (in? at? on?) Ocean parkway, i don't live even in NY or USA, but that's my dream number one for last many years and i hope one day ill luck to live there, even by Ocean pkwy if u want :rolleyes: .

Welcome to the forums!

As for the immigration, Israel if you are of jewish ancestry is much easier to immigrate to than the USA or Canada. I have a few cousins that moved there. Depending on your age you will have to serve in the military.

Thanks!!

Can you ask them how did they immigrated, i mean i sure that today not easy immigrate even for jews, today is not 1990th, when USA was opened for all the jews, but may it means that today to jews MAY BE easer to get type of visa which means immigration intentions, like work visa (type H1B), this visa for professional workers who have as minimum bachelorship and/or work experience minimum 5 years.

I don't have both of this. This visa is issued for 3 years, and can be extended more for 3 years (overall 6 years), and after a while working if employer see ure good worker and he wants you stay here, lawyer of your employer (not you and not your lawyer) can apply for your Green Card.

So, as i said, i have no higher education, no experience, may i can get this visa without those required minimum.

Or may be your cousins used other directions like this, ask them please, thanks in advance!!!

About Israel military, they do not take immigrants who are not citizens yet, and i will be citizen after 1 year, and ill be 26, i dont know if they need old guys like me, and i'm single, i heard they do not take single, but i'm not sure, ill try to find out.

Welcome Alex! For the subway you'll also find nycsubway.org very informative for what others are talking about. Long trip you got planned... Hopefully you can get here.

Thanx! I also hope. Really.

About subway, i grew up in the city which has shortest subway in the world (Dnepropetrovsk, Ukraine), only 6 stations, and this is not a joke! :lol:

And the train..... it has 3 wagons and u have to wait 10-15 minutes)))

(sorry for russian titles)

61286688.gif

nom_dnepr_1.jpg

388063_480183141993549_1928762754_n.jpg?dl=1

Sup Diesel!

Yes as Quill mentioned this is a very, very informative website. We have people from all walks of life who participate in discussions on this forum, on a large variety of subjects on transit and New Yorker life in general. Happy posting!

Sup Diesel!

Yes as Quill mentioned this is a very, very informative website. We have people from all walks of life who participate in discussions on this forum, on a large variety of subjects on transit and New Yorker life in general. Happy posting!

Yeah, i visited it already, very rich resource, reminds me resources of plane spotting, but in our case we have subway spotting :P

Happy New Year's and welcome to NYCTF Alex!

Thanx!!! But which one of my New Years??? :lol::lol::lol:

BTW, when will i can edit my info?

Sorry, you don't have permission for that!

You are not permitted to modify all or some of your profile information.

Thanks!!

Can you ask them how did they immigrated, i mean i sure that today not easy immigrate even for jews, today is not 1990th, when USA was opened for all the jews, but may it means that today to jews MAY BE easer to get type of visa which means immigration intentions, like work visa (type H1B), this visa for professional workers who have as minimum bachelorship and/or work experience minimum 5 years.

I don't have both of this. This visa is issued for 3 years, and can be extended more for 3 years (overall 6 years), and after a while working if employer see ure good worker and he wants you stay here, lawyer of your employer (not you and not your lawyer) can apply for your Green Card.

So, as i said, i have no higher education, no experience, may i can get this visa without those required minimum.

Or may be your cousins used other directions like this, ask them please, thanks in advance!!!

About Israel military, they do not take immigrants who are not citizens yet, and i will be citizen after 1 year, and ill be 26, i dont know if they need old guys like me, and i'm single, i heard they do not take single, but i'm not sure, ill try to find out.

They're not from the USA, and they both graduated university. If I remember right it was a jewish university as well since one of my cousins speaks fluent hebrew as well as english and afrikaans.

30 days.

I think, you will also have to make a certain amount of posts (maybe 10 or so). The subway cars in your city is awesome. I love the old blue feel. Your English is very good for where you are.

I'll give you a little on our fleet (photos by me).

This is the oldest subway car in service, the R32 from 1964. On the (C) and in the summer the (A).

8276373410_48995d75b7_c.jpg

And a cleaner R32 below:

8255461322_077e0c7701_c.jpg

R46 (A and in summer C)

8254382751_06a72a6e9a_c.jpg

Then the R62 and R62A (R62's run on the (3) + (S) and R62A's run on the (1) and (7) lines):

R62:

8275301413_8ea0d8e783_c.jpg

R62A on (1) :

8328438600_de778887fe_c.jpg

R62A on (7) :

8310236687_9d58375dd0_c.jpg

R68 (run on the D) and R68A's (run on the (B)(G) and (S) Franklin Ave:

R68:

7776276074_f3a447042e_c.jpg

R68A:

7776276074_f3a447042e_c.jpg

R142 (4, 5, 2) and R142A (4,6):

R142

8276362216_f44dc08cf8_c.jpg

R142A

8108651733_e9b116078d_c.jpg

R143 (pic not by me)

R143_8192_L_BwayJunction_7_24_08.jpg

R160A and R160B (there basically the same)

8299349626_16eae36eef_c.jpg

R188 (on the 7 in a few years. Not yet. This pic is not by me.)

IMG_0859.jpg

Hello guys, i'm sorry for not replying, all this days i had the problem with forum (and all the site in general):

You are not allowed to visit this community.

Just couldn't do nothing, like i was banned or something like this, i wrote to support but it looked as they are ignoring me, i waited more few days and yesterday wrote in NYCTF group on facebook and now i'm here, hello again! :)

They're not from the USA, and they both graduated university. If I remember right it was a jewish university as well since one of my cousins speaks fluent hebrew as well as english and afrikaans.

Ahh.... university... here i dont have chance...

BTW last year i tried to go to Yeshiva University in Harlem (north Manhattan), and even wrote to them, and we texted few months.

Click on yo profile pic and click "My Settings"

It doesn't work.

You are not permitted to modify all or some of your profile information.

Ohhhh all this limits in all of my action like im an enemy........

30 days.

It sounds more realistic.

I think, you will also have to make a certain amount of posts (maybe 10 or so). The subway cars in your city is awesome. I love the old blue feel. Your English is very good for where you are.

I'll give you a little on our fleet (photos by me).

So is it called "subway cars"? I thought "wagon", yes, we have blue ones (but made in Russia), but as i said subway in my city more like trial version of real subway :lol:

And people sometimes riding in subway just for fun, like in luna park, just cuz they never have been riding in subway (it's like first flight in plane). :D

Nice pics, i dont understand in type of models yet, but NYC i always have been associated with this classic gray trains, even cant imagine this city without it.

As i understand, NYC subway has only one model of trains, called R, and the higher figure - the newer model train is. If im right - R188 must be lastest version of NYC subway?

R32 from 1964 train impressed me, is it oldest train in service of NYC subway?

Yeah, the oldest in service is the R32, meanwhile, the newest (in testing) is the R188. The R prefix was created by the IND.

Okay, here are the original companies who merged into the TA (transit authority)

THE IRT:

The IRT (now known as the A-division) started in the 1880's and had elevated lines. The Inter-borough Rapid Transit Company (IRT) then was hired to run the first subway. Finished in 1904, it ran from the City Hall Loop (not in service now) to 145th Street (on the west side). The subway cars for the IRT were not labled R until later on. There were Hi-V's (High Voltage) and Low-V's (Low Voltage)

Map3.gif

For more on subway cars, visit the wikipedia page on it. It shows all retired and more.

http://en.wikipedia....y_rolling_stock

THE BMT:

Next was the BMT (Brooklyn-Manhattan Transit), It was created in the 1800's, when Brooklyn was it's own city! Originally BRT (Brooklyn Rapid Transit), it had it's own rapid transit lines in Brooklyn, running from Downtown Brooklyn to places like Brighton Beach or Coney Island. The IRT kept Manhattan while the BRT kept it's cool in Brooklyn. Then came the bridges, and the BRT turned into the BMT. Created in 1912 or so, the BMT Broadway Line ran from Brooklyn to 57th Avenue. With extensions, this went into Queens and so forth.

THE IND:

The city got tired of other operators using their subway, so much later on, in the 30's they built their own. Their original subway ran from Chambers to 207th and used R1-9's (Arnies). The city went further, went to Jamaica and to the Rockaways.

Meanwhile, the IRT and BMT were in a bankrupt and the city (IND) lent out a hand. The subway was then unified in 1949.

Archived