Woman Killed by 2 train

Via Garibaldi 8

Because of the two murders, medias report more the accidents involving people falling in the track.

This trend give the idea that the subway has become "crazy".

Those are the ones that are reported.

There was at least one that i know of that wasnt 36th Street on the M line in Queens.

Not all 12-9's make the news...

Plus with everyone with those smart phones, we have more wannabe 'reporters'. So more incidents are being reported than before. I feel real bad for the crews that have to see the deaths first hand and those that have to do the clean up. I just hope people are exposed to this stuff because it seems like a t/o is bound to have a 12/9 at least once in his/her career.

The average is 3 people a week, 1 being a fatality. When you account the number of riders per day or per year, it's statistically insignificant.

Our class was discussing 12-9s today. When you look at them, most of them are either drunks or suicides. Few of them are actual sick passengers, and even fewer of them are random acts. Also, they always go up around the holidays.

12-9's happen fairly often. They are getting reported more now because of the two pushing incidents. This does not necessarily mean that there is a huge epidemic, though the media would love that, because it gets people to buy papers or tune into the news.

Archived