Should the B41 become +SBS+

jgood6195

What do you guys think? Flatbush ave sure is wide enough and does get decent ridership? Should the MTA replace the limited with +SBS+?

Nope, Flatbush is way too small, especially between Nostrand Avenue and Empire Blvd... The dollar vans would also cause too many problems.

Well, they could just create new bus lanes to the street. However, I think that when heading towards Downtown, the B41 +SBS+ could head straight to Tillary street instead of going up Livingston street. That would cause traffic tie ups. And who knows, maybe every other westbound trip on rushhours could go to Canal street via Manhattan Bridge.

I think perhaps a hybrid version of the SBS service could be offered on the B41. I don't think that a depot not having room should decide whether or not a route that could use SBS should get it or not. Quite frankly, one could argue that in addition to the B44, the B41 and B46 are both viable candidates for SBS service as they both serve several dense, urban communities and see high ridership.

He seems cool... I don't find anything wrong with Jgood.

picard-facepalm.jpg?1240934151

Add new bus lanes.

It would only be 1 or 2 artic buses at any giving moment.

1. There's no place in Canal Street to turn around a bus.

2. Canal Street is divided in sections where bus lanes can't and won't work.

3. There is too much traffic along the corridor from East to West.

Archived