MetroNorth proposes increased service levels for Riverdale during off-peak

Via Garibaldi 8

Actually the MetroNorth pass does NOT include the cost of a MetroCard so that price is deceiving. Believe me I considered getting a monthly MetroNorth pass but decided against it for that very reason. Oh.. The BxM6 is not last... The BxM18 is but that route only has 7 runs each day during rush hour only and is fairly new... The morning runs are packed... The evening runs are crowded to up until the last few buses or so.

I meant full-time route but the bxm6 is in the bottom 3 with 4 being the weakest full-time based on numbers it's a waste of time bus. The 6 however can be salvaged. However I think MNRR can add more service to their new haven line as that line gets slammed hard.

Hehe you raise a good point.

• 3 weeks later...

The hearing was good tonight. To my surprise a few speakers mentioned that they didn't care for the Hudson Rail Link buses because they spewed too many toxins in the neighborhood and they want to see more environmentally friendly buses.  I certainly agree with that and thank that electric hybrid buses or something of the sort would be a good idea, but one lady wants smaller buses which I disagree with.  The buses are already small enough and are far too crowded during rush hours, so I would say hybrid buses that are slightly bigger than the current ones with destination signage since the current signage isn't all that great.  I suggested having one more later train after the current 01:50 as well which would still allow for maintenance and cleaning of the stations.

Between Riverdale and Sputen Duyvil which one has more riders in the off peak? I cant see em adding both in there to the semi express trains, perhaps just one of em.

Spuyten Duyvil does I believe, but both stations will be served off peak. You can't serve one and not the other when the whole idea of the increased service is to make it more convenient for folks to use the service.

Between Riverdale and Sputen Duyvil which one has more riders in the off peak?

Spuyten Duyvil, easily....

I wish the LIRR would do this for NHP, Merillon, Carle Place, and Westbury!

At least for NHP and Westbury, those 2 stations are busy enough to warrant it.

The latter statement I'll agree with.... The former statement, forget about doing that for Carle Place & Merillon....

• 1 month later...

The last inbound carries 10 passengers on weekdays, 27 on Saturdays, and 13 on Sundays. Last outbound is 56 weekday/282 Saturday/41 Sunday.

Nevertheless, I think MNR should run hourly local service between 12:30AM and 5AM (yes, I know for the current 12:30-2AM passengers it's a cut) to Croton (POU connection), Mt Kisco, and NHV.

Source?

Archived