Who is on exam 2901

RTS4Life

I'm on the list, but I was called in July 2012 for a part-time position at MTA Bus. However, I've been placed on a Medical Hold and I'm still in the process of gathering doctor's notes to be cleared off of it.

Thanks RTS4Life, I'm taking the exam this Saturday for TA B/O is there any other difference between OA and TA besides the civil service title and should I stay TA since I'm TA already? Despite I only been a CTA for 4 months, and I'm only 27

If your already in the civil service system. Don't move till your called for TA exam you don't want to lose your seniority in the system. OA is not civil service. Remember if you become TA B/O and you want to go into a OA depot you can.

OA has almost the same stuff as TA the only thing I think is pension and job protection.

I was called last year but I didn't want to go with MTA Bus, so now I'm waiting for MaBSTOA to start hiring.

You made the right choice to wait for OA, i will be applying for the next OA exam #3101 in feb,my home girl in my class will be in the next TA class which i told her to take it. MTAB Is not bad but wondering if they ever going to fix that pension system and if they ever going to merge with TA/OA. 

That's why I didn't want to go to MTA Bus was because of the pension plan. And knowing MTA that could be years before that happen if it even does. And the union doesn't seem to be very aggressive in trying to do anything for a new contract.

2 differnet phone calls were made, both the same answer, 2901 mabstoa won't be used any time soon. I don't want the job, I'm just inquiring as if I had no job with the TA yet. My list on 2901 is 1046, I don't know where those drivers came from but I was never asked to come into 180 for any type of orientation for this title.

Archived