HOP ON! MTA restores old bus routes lost in cuts and extends several more

Harry

seriously most come off of BQE create an express lane that goes from LIE nonstop to the williamsburg. The bus will have a lane to itself and will travel a different route killing your argument dead. More people onto mass transit.

I don't drink it can be rush hour only or come directly from the bus station. Stop with the unneeded insults.

Ok, I'll be nice with it...

The BQE leading up to and from the Willy B is only 2 lanes each direction. Where could you possibly put an HOV lane at without destroying traffic for everyone else?

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dammitt QJ stop with your pie in sky ideas. Plus the B39 now runs every 30 minutes most of the day. If you were going to put a HOV lane on the Willie B it would be for the Queens express buses heading for Lower Manhattan. Also for those with 3 or more passengers in a car.

Actually it is for cars with 3 or more people to be exact. But you have a point.

Ok, I'll be nice with it...

The BQE leading up to and from the Willy B is only 2 lanes each direction. Where could you possibly put an HOV lane at without destroying traffic for everyone else?

The HOV can't be reached from BQE it's designed for getting to broadway faster for those going to williamsburg. I never said HOV bus lane from BQE directly to williamsburg I said express lane so traffic from LIE going to williamsburg bridge won't interfere with BQE traffic. But that is why my HOV it NOT from the BQE itself. but one of the exits to backroads into williamsburg keeping those carpoolers and buses away from BQE traffic coming onto the bridge.

Aside from what Caitsith already laid out....

The logic behind implementing a bus lane for a solitary bus route that runs every half hour..... smh....

Seriously now.....

err I guess even if it's merged with old B29 you would still need short turns to not enter manhattan to keep reliability that is the backup plan actually.

To be honest I kinda find B39 redundant and even if it's merged with another line I still think only select trips should actually go to essex street.

What kind of idiotic logic is that.....they HAVE to use Allen Street to TURN AROUND....

Smh... Missing the point...

The point flew over his head like a 747 flying over us.

To be honest I kinda find B39 redundant and even if it's merged with another line I still think only select trips should actually go to essex street.

Maybe the people of Williamsburg working in Manhattan, that don't like to use the train most of time. And select trips??? Haaa, don't make me laugh!

What kind of idiotic logic is that.....they HAVE to use Allen Street to TURN AROUND....

The point flew over his head like a 747 flying over us.

hilarious you didn't read my post at all. If the B39 was part of another line like absorbing the B24 and ridership increased to force more service on the line then select trips can continue into manhattan while rush hr some trips can stay to keep reliability what are you talking about.

Maybe the people of Williamsburg working in Manhattan, that don't like to use the train most of time. And select trips??? Haaa, don't make me laugh!

People willing to wait 30 mins for a bus vs 5 mins for a train you have to be smoking strong stuff to think that makes sense. However if you have a condition preventing you from using the train then yes B39 is great but those so called people who don't like trains those are too few in number. I said in a way to keep 30 min service to manhattan if the combined line became every 10 to 15 mins. Seems like people love to NOT read. You aren't blind are you?

Highway foam pretty pathetic phrase don't waste words on such.

I will break it down If merged with B24 southern part it's ridership will increase. Service can go up to 15 mins or more frequent.

hilarious you didn't read my post at all. If the B39 was part of another line like absorbing the B24 and ridership increased to force more service on the line then select trips can continue into manhattan while rush hr some trips can stay to keep reliability what are you talking about.People willing to wait 30 mins for a bus vs 5 mins for a train you have to be smoking strong stuff to think that makes sense. However if you have a condition preventing you from using the train then yes B39 is great but those so called people who don't like trains those are too few in number. I said in a way to keep 30 min service to manhattan if the combined line became every 10 to 15 mins. Seems like people love to NOT read. You aren't blind are you?

I will break it down If merged with B24 southern part it's ridership will increase. Service can go up to 15 mins or more frequent.

It.

Still

Wont.

Work!

If it actually did work, wouldn't you think they would've done that a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnng time ago?

hilarious you didn't read my post at all. If the B39 was part of another line like absorbing the B24 and ridership increased to force more service on the line then select trips can continue into manhattan while rush hr some trips can stay to keep reliability what are you talking about.

People willing to wait 30 mins for a bus vs 5 mins for a train you have to be smoking strong stuff to think that makes sense. However if you have a condition preventing you from using the train then yes B39 is great but those so called people who don't like trains those are too few in number. I said in a way to keep 30 min service to manhattan if the combined line became every 10 to 15 mins. Seems like people love to NOT read. You aren't blind are you?

Cute plan.....

BUT NO!

Guest MTA Bus

The point of the B39 is to provide wheelchair passengers with service between Williamsburg and LES. They can transfer to the M15 for service uptown. I still don't understand why they cut this route in 2010.

Aside from what Caitsith already laid out....

The logic behind implementing a bus lane for a solitary bus route that runs every half hour..... smh....

Seriously now.....

err I guess even if it's merged with old B29 you would still need short turns to not enter manhattan to keep reliability that is the backup plan actually.

How was that even remotely a relevant retort to that reply.....

Short turns & merging with some other bus route have f*ck all to do with implementing HOV lanes or bus only lanes...

Serious case of pot calling the kettle black here....

Dude, How are you turning buses around over by essex & delancey? That's the point.

Whether the B39 is kept as a standalone route or merged with some other route does not change anything in that regard.....

Why do you entertain him? If his posts were ignored and just became part of the wasteland of the site, he'd stop...

SHUT IT Nobody asked you all you do is start fights don't expect me to take you seriously.

How was that even remotely a relevant retort to that reply.....

Short turns & merging with some other bus route have f*ck all to do with implementing HOV lanes or bus only lanes...

Serious case of pot calling the kettle black here....

Dude, How are you turning buses around over by essex & delancey? That's the point.

Whether the B39 is kept as a standalone route or merged with some other route does not change anything in that regard.....

If merged with B24 or some other way it would attract more ridership actually and would be more than just an ADA route and may even need more service as a result. While breaking that line up.

Turn buses around at essex you can't be serious easy ludlow then broome streets then back on essex back to the williamsburg the other way cmon I thought you knew that.

The point of the B39 is to provide wheelchair passengers with service between Williamsburg and LES. They can transfer to the M15 for service uptown. I still don't understand why they cut this route in 2010.

Neither do I understand why it was cut.

It.

Still

Wont.

Work!

If it actually did work, wouldn't you think they would've done that a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnng time ago?

OK but it was never tried or attempted so who knows but your argument is traffic right?

Cute plan.....

BUT NO!

explain yourself and provide a proper counter argument instead of just NO. I can't perfect anything without PROPER feedback. I am actually ASKING if a plan would work or not if yes or no I want to know why so I can make appropriate changes instead of giving up. Giving up is for TRASH I AM NOT TRASH!!!

Leave the B39 alone. If the MTA had found a way to merge it with another route, they would have most likely done it by now.

It originally was merged with other routes. Back when most routes in Brooklyn were streetcars, a bunch of them converged at Washington Plaza and went over the Willie-B to an underground terminal at Delancey & Essex. After the streetcars were converted to buses, the routes were shortened to Washington Plaza and the bridge part became the B39. That's why there's a 3-leg transfer privilege with the B39 as the middle leg.

Any attempt to merge the B39 with any other route (on either side of the Bridge) will make the other route completely vulnerable to the vagaries of the Bridge.

If merged with B24 or some other way it would attract more ridership actually and would be more than just an ADA route and may even need more service as a result. While breaking that line up.

Turn buses around at essex you can't be serious easy ludlow then broome streets then back on essex back to the williamsburg the other way cmon I thought you knew that.

I don't know why you keep telling me about merging the B24 with the B39.....

Good job exposing yourself by the way; having buses turn on ludlow.... None of them side streets over along Delancey are suitable to turn a bus around for one... and two, having buses turn into brooklyn bound delancey st traffic to reach a side street.... smh... that shit is a headache for a car let alone a bus.....

Do you even know how the B39 used to turn around.... Regardless if you do or don't, it's far simpler than what you're suggesting.

You don't have a leg to stand on here; cutting buses (of any sort) back to essex.......

Give it up, you don't know what you're talking about & it's showing in your posts....

It originally was merged with other routes. Back when most routes in Brooklyn were streetcars, a bunch of them converged at Washington Plaza and went over the Willie-B to an underground terminal at Delancey & Essex. After the streetcars were converted to buses, the routes were shortened to Washington Plaza and the bridge part became the B39. That's why there's a 3-leg transfer privilege with the B39 as the middle leg.

Any attempt to merge the B39 with any other route (on either side of the Bridge) will make the other route completely vulnerable to the vagaries of the Bridge.

THANK YOU FOR TELLING ME THIS!!!!!! That was what the HOV plan was created to offset just in case. That is how the 2 are related.

That was all I needed so tell me more what prevents B39 from merging with another line that also needs more riders like the old B29 currently southern portion of B24? Is it reliability problems and such? Or traffic on the bridge. To be honest I really had other questions and concepts but this is the simplest.

I don't know why you keep telling me about merging the B24 with the B39.....

Good job exposing yourself by the way; having buses turn on ludlow.... None of them side streets over along Delancey are suitable to turn a bus around for one... and two, having buses turn into brooklyn bound delancey st traffic to reach a side street.... smh... that shit is a headache for a car let alone a bus.....

Do you even know how the B39 used to turn around.... Regardless if you do or don't, it's far simpler than what you're suggesting.

You don't have a leg to stand on here; cutting buses (of any sort) back to essex.......

Give it up, you don't know what you're talking about & it's showing in your posts....

Orchard to allen street via rivington can be another less tedious method to turn buses back around.

WHAT? Since when did I suggest that not on the B39 at all dude you are just adding on stuff to make me look bad when I never meant such a thing. Actually I like it's current terminal to link folks to M15. So enligten me rather than just plane flame this is a proper discussion.

Archived