HOP ON! MTA restores old bus routes lost in cuts and extends several more

Harry

SHUT IT Nobody asked you all you do is start fights don't expect me to take you seriously.

If merged with B24 or some other way it would attract more ridership actually and would be more than just an ADA route and may even need more service as a result. While breaking that line up.

Turn buses around at essex you can't be serious easy ludlow then broome streets then back on essex back to the williamsburg the other way cmon I thought you knew that.

Umm...

1. No left turns are allowed onto Ludlow.

2. It's too narrow for the bus to navigate.

A clear cut case of you not knowing a damn thing about neighborhoods.

THANK YOU FOR TELLING ME THIS!!!!!! That was what the HOV plan was created to offset just in case. That is how the 2 are related.

That was all I needed so tell me more what prevents B39 from merging with another line that also needs more riders like the old B29 currently southern portion of B24? Is it reliability problems and such? Or traffic on the bridge. To be honest I really had other questions and concepts but this is the simplest.

Orchard to allen street via rivington can be another less tedious method to turn buses back around.

WHAT? Since when did I suggest that not on the B39 at all dude you are just adding on stuff to make me look bad when I never meant such a thing. Actually I like it's current terminal to link folks to M15. So enligten me rather than just plane flame this is a proper discussion.

Orchard to Allen.... Bro, Orchard and Allen run parallel to each other and none of the side streets would be able to handle a bus.... Just stop the shit already

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Umm...

1. No left turns are allowed onto Ludlow.

2. It's too narrow for the bus to navigate.

A clear cut case of you not knowing a damn thing about neighborhoods.

That is all you needed to say why didn't you say this from the beginning? One I don't know everything but with this info it seems that B39 is longer than it looks. So how does it turn around now? Isn't the current turn around point good enough? What does that have to do with how reliable it is or the argument preventing merger you bring up interesting points you should have done this earlier. Ohh FYI I use this feedback to actually create practical ideas that can work by eliminating the flawed ones by asking for info I don't know about.

That is all you needed to say why didn't you say this from the beginning? One I don't know everything but with this info it seems that B39 is longer than it looks. So how does it turn around now? Isn't the current turn around point good enough? What does that have to do with how reliable it is or the argument preventing merger you bring up interesting points you should have done this earlier. Ohh FYI I use this feedback to actually create practical ideas that can work by eliminating the flawed ones by asking for info I don't know about.

I feel like beating myself over the skull from the huge amount of common sense you lack.

IT TURNS AROUND THE SAME WAY IT DID BEFORE!!!

The B39 is primarily a bus to bus connection from Brooklyn and Manhattan. The damn line does not need a merger or an extension. The concept of the line is simple and here you are f**king it up into an oblivion.

Just shut the hell up about this line you know two shits about.

Orchard to allen street via rivington can be another less tedious method to turn buses back around.

WHAT? Since when did I suggest that not on the B39 at all dude you are just adding on stuff to make me look bad when I never meant such a thing. Actually I like it's current terminal to link folks to M15. So enligten me rather than just plane flame this is a proper discussion.

Looks like you're confusing yourself here; further making yourself look bad.....

I'm not adding on anything..... You said you think select trips should actually go to essex st even if it's merged w/ another line - after you said you find the B39 redundant.... That garbage was authored by YOU.

Instead of asking, you are making statements as if you know what it is you're speaking on.... That is not somebody looking to be enlightened.

.....and lmfao at Orchard to Allen st along rivington being less tedious.... It's simpler to turn buses on allen over orchard....

Again, it's simple - Buses dropped off passengers ON allen st after turning off delancey (there's an M15 NB stop there).... after that, it u-turns onto the other side of allen at rivington... going onto make the left back onto delancey.....

...or are you now gonna tell me that you didn't say orchard st...

Unbelievable, this guy....

So is this nonsense about the B39 merging stuff over? smh at how it took 2 pages to come to this conclusion...

....and he's still bringing it up.

IT TURNS AROUND THE SAME WAY IT DID BEFORE!!!

I'm giving him zero benefit of the doubt - You're assuming he knew how it did to begin with.....

I'm just as annoyed w/ him w/ this whole thing.

Looks like you're confusing yourself here; further making yourself look bad.....

I'm not adding on anything..... You said you think select trips should actually go to essex st even if it's merged w/ another line - after you said you find the B39 redundant.... That garbage was authored by YOU.

Instead of asking, you are making statements as if you know what it is you're speaking on.... That is not somebody looking to be enlightened.

.....and lmfao at Orchard to Allen st along rivington being less tedious.... It's simpler to turn buses on allen over orchard....

Again, it's simple - Buses dropped off passengers ON allen st after turning off delancey (there's an M15 NB stop there).... after that, it u-turns onto the other side of allen at rivington... going onto make the left back onto delancey.....

...or are you now gonna tell me that you didn't say orchard st...

Unbelievable, this guy....

misworded should have said it differently I meant with the combined route select trips cover the whole B39 route sorry if I mislead any here that was what I meant just didn't use the right words I am not perfect. Current B39 manhattan routing is good as is. To clear up any confusion IF the combined route attracted more ridership than thought to keep reliability some trips won't cover the B39's route while the B39 will retain 30 min service or get upgraded to every 20 mins.

misworded should have said it differently I meant with the combined route select trips cover the whole B39 route sorry if I mislead any here that was what I meant just didn't use the right words I am not perfect. Current B39 manhattan routing is good as is. To clear up any confusion IF the combined route attracted more ridership than thought to keep reliability some trips won't cover the B39's route while the B39 will retain 30 min service or get upgraded to every 20 mins.

Just give it up...

I can't believe some of you people are still talking about the B39. I mean don't you all think that was talked about enough already. They brought the route back it's 30 minute headways and it got revived in order to help elderly/ disabled people get to Manhattan. The MTA wanted to bring it back and there is nothing you all can do about it.

One person is talking about it. Everyone else is trying to prove how anything other than just the single bus, isolated line is just a terrible 'idea'.

you never even listened I guess I will have to talk with those who know the area cause you have no intention of contributing at all its dead. I am not useless I just want a productive discussion sadly that is too much to ask for here.

I can't believe some of you people are still talking about the B39. I mean don't you all think that was talked about enough already. They brought the route back it's 30 minute headways and it got revived in order to help elderly/ disabled people get to Manhattan. The MTA wanted to bring it back and there is nothing you all can do about it.

we are dealing with children get used to it.

I'm giving him zero benefit of the doubt - You're assuming he knew how it did to begin with.....

I'm just as annoyed w/ him w/ this whole thing.

You have a point....

you never even listened I guess I will have to talk with those who know the area cause you have no intention of contributing at all its dead. I am not useless I just want a productive discussion sadly that is too much to ask for here.

You started the bullshit, shut the f**k up.

Anyway....was out at the LES today checking things out. The B39 today was a hit-or-miss because of the fact that there were folks leaving it for the train because of the heavy flow of traffic /inb4stupidideascometoplay

I was quite surprised that they put the 2nd stop infront of the bank, I was expecting it to go back to its original location but wow, quite an interesting thing they did.

The M9 was pretty nicely used even after 7PM, seemed much more used than the City Hall only variant. Things seem to be looking good so far.

You have a point....

You started the bullshit, shut the f**k up.

Anyway....was out at the LES today checking things out. The B39 today was a hit-or-miss because of the fact that there were folks leaving it for the train because of the heavy flow of traffic /inb4stupidideascometoplay

I was quite surprised that they put the 2nd stop infront of the bank, I was expecting it to go back to its original location but wow, quite an interesting thing they did.

The M9 was pretty nicely used even after 7PM, seemed much more used than the City Hall only variant. Things seem to be looking good so far.

gonna ignore your swearing. Interesting find on the M9 I guess B39 is back to it's old tricks with people going for the train as usual.

gonna ignore your swearing. Interesting find on the M9 I guess B39 is back to it's old tricks with people going for the train as usual.

If you didn't know two shits about the route back then(especially with its turnaround), how the hell do you even know that.....

Back then, it was three-four buses every few minutes, the MTA IMO f**ked up by having only ONE bus running.

If you didn't know two shits about the route back then(especially with its turnaround), how the hell do you even know that.....

Back then, it was three-four buses every few minutes, the MTA IMO f**ked up by having only ONE bus running.

your right one bus destroyed it's ridership if I am not mistaken in it's final years right? Using the duplicate argument. Interesting so MTA chased away it's ridership base?

your right one bus destroyed it's ridership if I am not mistaken in it's final years right? Using the duplicate argument. Interesting so MTA chased away it's ridership base?

Before the cuts, it was 2-3 buses, sometimes 4 during the rush hour. What I think they should've done is have 1 bus during middays and 2 buses during the rush because the traffic on the bridge is terrible.

Also, I was at City Hall today checking out the M9 as well, the M103 didn't really seem as if its taking on any more passengers than it did before.

Just came off the damned thing (B39).... One dude was standing at the bus stop expecting the Q54.... I was the only passenger on the thing the whole way through (rode it end to end, which iddn't saying much).... Tried to catch the M9 over @ park row (after walking from allen/delancey) & just missed it.... so I just walked to fulton for the (2) to head home.....

Well, that ends my vacation.... back to work tomorrow =(

(maybe I'll take the x27 tomorrow & ride the full 64 out to coney island)

Just came off the damned thing (B39).... One dude was standing at the bus stop expecting the Q54.... I was the only passenger on the thing the whole way through (rode it end to end, which iddn't saying much).... Tried to catch the M9 over @ park row (after walking from allen/delancey) & just missed it.... so I just walked to fulton for the (2) to head home.....

Well, that ends my vacation.... back to work tomorrow =(

(maybe I'll take the x27 tomorrow & ride the full 64 out to coney island)

Nice x27 gets loaded careful Try the X28 it seems like a fun ride

Nice x27 gets loaded careful Try the X28 it seems like a fun ride

Oh I've done both many times; that's not the problem..... I just want to ride the 64 out to CI for the first time in a long time.

As far as taking the x28..... I would - If the B64 ended at 86th/4th like it used to.

Well according to my state ID I'm not...

...unless you know something I don't know

Just came off the damned thing (B39).... One dude was standing at the bus stop expecting the Q54....

Damn they ripped the hand-made signs down already?

And why is that exactly??

Because Essex to Broadway-Lafayette is a shorter and more reliable trip than Essex to Marcy.

I think that was what hurt the B39 overall now B39 doesn't have that problem anymore. However I think an HOV lane or bus only lane will help the B39 alot and allow for a merger to prevent traffic problems.

There are two HOV "lanes" already. They're called subway tracks. They each carry about 18 trains (144 subway cars) per hour in the peak direction, each car carrying many more people than a bus can hold.

Archived