Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
jgood6195

Dead Nassau routes

If you could restore any former Long Island bus routes from pre doomsday cuts or prior, which would it be? I would bring back the N91.

If you could restore any former Long Island bus routes from pre doomsday cuts or prior, which would it be? I would bring back the N91.

none as most were redundant or duplicative maybe N28 then extend it to hicksville LIRR and interline with N50.

The N91? That bus was a failure, never had many people on it because flights leave from JFK all times of the day and the bus ran at its own times.

I would bring back the N87, of course running less than before during the summer. Although, I wouldn't mind it being substituted by an extension to Jones Beach of the n73/74.

• Upvote 1

Maybe they should of made the N91 run 24/7 since it was an airport route. Funny, it was also the closest Long Island Bus route to Brooklyn.

Maybe they should of made the N91 run 24/7 since it was an airport route. Funny, it was also the closest Long Island Bus route to Brooklyn.

No, it wouldn't have worked out anyway. A cab or the LIRR to the Airtrain is much faster.

Guest MTA Bus

There is no need to bring back the N91. Just take the LIRR to Jamaica and transfer to Airtrain.

Oh jesus.... Haven't we been over the LIRR debate before?

N95-fantasy-Farmingdale-Loop-flipdot.gif

that was a handy one, it was the only Farmingdale bus that stopped near the actual class buildings. The rest of em (N70, S1, 2B) stopped at this bus stop at the far end of campus. I remember getting N95 timetables and old Nassau bus maps from there. I used to go to Suny Farmingdale, I graduated last December. They had NICE bus maps there also, everything was on this one counter in I forget the building name, I think it was Laffin hall.

• Upvote 3

that was a handy one, it was the only Farmingdale bus that stopped near the actual class buildings. The rest of em (N70, S1, 2B) stopped at this bus stop at the far end of campus. I remember getting N95 timetables and old Nassau bus maps from there. I used to go to Suny Farmingdale, I graduated last December. They had NICE bus maps there also, everything was on this one counter in I forget the building name, I think it was Laffin hall.

the N95 ran when it felt like it literally. What killed the N91 was AIRTRAIN!!!!! It was around mostly before airtrain caught on. 

LIRR and airtrain are both 24/7 and stupid fast N91 has no chance against that the closest you will ever get to restoring the N91 is extending N16 via sunrise hwy and conduit to JFK that's it.

No, it wouldn't have worked out anyway. A cab or the LIRR to the Airtrain is much faster.

cab plz waste a ton of money on a mode that is neck and neck with the LIRR no thanks train wins hands down. This ain't some mid size city with airport buses just  kidding. But really this region is dominated by the train airport connections are made by trains mostly as the mode of choice this ain't NJ where the train has crappy coverage.

Edited by qjtransitmaster

cab plz waste a ton of money on a mode that is neck and neck with the LIRR no thanks train wins hands down. This ain't some mid size city with airport buses just  kidding. But really this region is dominated by the train airport connections are made by trains mostly as the mode of choice this ain't NJ where the train has crappy coverage.

People who can afford to take a cab, like those families going on vacation or on a business trip, will take a cab to the airport because the cab will show up at their house and take them right to the airport. No LIRR stops, no walking to/from the train. You may think its a waste of money, but time is an important factor here. A cab ride is shorter than the LIRR. I've always taken cabs to the airport because the services they offer are usually reliable. Long Islanders are, for the most part, wealthy enough to take a cab, and so am I, even though I live in Queens. I'm not gonna miss my flight because of a late train or missing bus.

Don't AirTrain JFK wasn't build yet when n91 ceased operation?

They discontinued the N91 before the AirTrain even opened. Hardly anyone in Nassau would rely on the N91 to get to the Airport.

Edited by N4 Via Merrick Rd
  • Upvote 1

Don't AirTrain JFK wasn't build yet when n91 ceased operation?

Airtrain started service on December 17, 2003. The JFK Flyer stopped running on January 5, 2003. So no, the two weren't running at the same time, but the LIRR as well as cabs were still major competition for traveling to/from the airport.

• Upvote 1

Airtrain started service on December 17, 2003. The JFK Flyer stopped running on January 5, 2003. So no, the two weren't running at the same time, but the LIRR as well as cabs were still major competition for traveling to/from the airport.

thus rendering the N91 useless. The only way to restore it would be extending N16 to the airport BUT it times with LIRR meaning your better off just using LIRR to airtrain.

thus rendering the N91 useless. The only way to restore it would be extending N16 to the airport BUT it times with LIRR meaning your better off just using LIRR to airtrain.

Bahahahahaha, thats funny. That N16 proposal is a joke.

• Upvote 1

All of his posts are jokes...

There's a good reason why routes are dead.  No one rode them.

Only transport close to the N91 standards is the N31/N32 to the N4 to the Q3. Everything on a 2.25 fare, or the n31/2 to the A Train Bus to JFK   with a strong $7.50. IMO Both of the options have the same amount of travel time

Yeah, that's probably why they let the (W) and B95 die.

Dude, *not everything* dies because it's hardly ridden; sometimes it dies because of money issues or political issues.

Only transport close to the N91 standards is the N31/N32 to the N4 to the Q3. Everything on a 2.25 fare, or the n31/2 to the A Train Bus to JFK   with a strong $7.50. IMO Both of the options have the same amount of travel time

But you still have the AirTrain to LIRR combi ticket which makes it more attractive.

I know that actually WAS A JOKE!!!! That is why I said that is the closest thing to restoring the N91 bitch please. Farthest N16 can go is green acres. Let JFK be the MTA's problem cmon man.

ALL damn you need to lay off that crazy stuff man. BUT I agree with your underlined post. N91 was a waste if you read my post I said BUT LIRR to airtrain is a better option anyway. Indicating I was not serious about N16 to the airport as if that would happen maybe when I grow a tail and go supersayjin 4 then we will see N16 to JFK. :rolleyes:

I know that actually WAS A JOKE!!!! That is why I said that is the closest thing to restoring the N91 bitch please. Farthest N16 can go is green acres. Let JFK be the MTA's problem cmon man.

Oh, so now I'm a bitch? Well, we'll see who has the last laugh.

• Upvote 6

Man some users really love to give themselves a reason to get banned these days.

• Upvote 6