R62 Swap Thread

R32 3838

I think It would be smart to have an R62 swap thread instead of talking about it in the R188 thread, its up to the mods to allow this thread to a sticky thread, due to the fact for the next year or two the R62A's will be transferd from the (7) and BY DEFALT to the (6) All SUBJECT TO CHANGE but of course if this gets out of hand the mods can close it, let the R188 talk stay on the R188 thread, while all the R62 talk should be on here

Whatever will be said has already be mentioned in the R188 Discussion Thread

That is the R188 thread not the R62A discussion thread. I think making this thread could help keep the R188 thread on topic.

This is just going to redirect the "Why should the (6) get old trains?" bull from the R188 thread to here.

Calling the R62As old in any way at this time is presumptuous when you compare them to the R32/42/46s. I bet everyone a million dollars the riders on the (6) won't even care as long as the R62As get them from point A to point B quickly and safely.

I really doubt that a daily rider would care about that swap. If someone needs to take the (6) he/she will just take it. If someone doesn't want to ride on an "old" train, he/she can take the M103 or stay at home until the SAS opens.

Its just a mid-life train, not a redbird. It's not like the (E) getting R32s back. What about (7) riders? Someone is getting something good from this swap. It isn't bad at all.

I saw an R62 set in Unionport today and the strangest thing was ALL the rollsigns were messed up and rolled to the end. I took a video today and i'll upload it to here. I also saw the same set in a video on youtube and it had a 6 rollsign in the middle.

School Car?

Calling the R62As old in any way at this time is presumptuous when you compare them to the R32/42/46s. I bet everyone a million dollars the riders on the (6) won't even care as long as the R62As get them from point A to point B quickly and safely.

You are correct, but sadly there are those few individuals who feel they are entitled to luxury and comfort they pay $2.25/$2.50 to ride a train. :rolleyes:

You are correct, but sadly there are those few individuals who feel they are entitled to luxury and comfort they pay $2.25/$2.50 to ride a train. :rolleyes:

Transportation isn't luxury as of yet. If they want luxury they can get a limo or buy an expensive car. Transportation can only do so much at this time and we take what we can and hope, better yet support for better transportation. 

He's referring to some people here that were bellyaching about the R62As returning. It's in one of those closed R62a threads. Otherwise I'd like to think most people are rational enough to just accept whatever trains shows up to take them to point b. They should be happy it isn't like an R32 replacing an R160, it's nothing that drastic...

He's referring to some people here that were bellyaching about the R62As returning. It's in one of those closed R62a threads.

Yup. I am so sick of people acting like the MTA owes them something because they pay $2.50 for a subway fare. My local pizza place charges $3.45 for a slice of pizza, which means that I pay more for my lunch then these people do for a subway ride.

He's referring to some people here that were bellyaching about the R62As returning. It's in one of those closed R62a threads. Otherwise I'd like to think most people are rational enough to just accept whatever trains shows up to take them to point b. They should be happy it isn't like an R32 replacing an R160, it's nothing that drastic...

My post also refers to those individuals on this forum as well. 

Good. If their trains are too old for their liking then they can buy us new trains out of their own pockets. Otherwise shut up and stand clear of the doors!

Archived