The future of subway car design

Eastman346

I still think that. Those models were almost exactly the same until you got to the WF varieties, and even they looked pretty darn similar with the exception of the picture windows (which did wonders actually for their appearance).

Yup. For me there are cool things about the NTT's that will hold my interest. I'd like to learn more about them, their layout, where things are and what they do, how they work, their systems, that sort of stuff. And they have plenty of features to hold the average railfan's attention. Those who are only interested because of "the window" probably won't stick around.

Yup. For me there are cool things about the NTT's that will hold my interest. I'd like to learn more about them, their layout, where things are and what they do, how they work, their systems, that sort of stuff. And they have plenty of features to hold the average railfan's attention. Those who are only interested because of "the window" probably won't stick around.

Yeah. The NTTs are the first cars to have significant differences from the "old style" trains, namely the computerization. Even the R62/68 can be considered "old style" now, though certainly not outdated.

Oh, and for those interested in an RFW, you CAN see out the front of the first car, through the door to the cab (at least on the R142/As). Maybe it's not as good as the ones on the older trains, but it's still there.

Oh, and for those interested in an RFW, you CAN see out the front of the first car, through the door to the cab (at least on the R142/As). Maybe it's not as good as the ones on the older trains, but it's still there.

Heh...it's a decent view, better above ground. But to me there's something to be said for just riding, or sitting near either cab and paying attention if something comes over the radio. Or seeing stations, lines, neighborhoods etc. Of course there will always be those who will get mad if there's no unpolarized glass to foam on :o Oh well, such is life :D

Heh...it's a decent view, better above ground. But to me there's something to be said for just riding, or sitting near either cab and paying attention if something comes over the radio. Or seeing stations, lines, neighborhoods etc. Of course there will always be those who will get mad if there's no unpolarized glass to foam on B) Oh well, such is life B)

B):cool:

How about remote operations so the whole front can be a RFW? B)

- Andy

What about removing the Digital signs on the new cars and replacing them with roll signs? That would be something. It would look just like a video game. I did two of them with the (D) and (N) signs

Dtrain-1.jpg

Nah, probably wouldn't be a good idea. It's kinda a hassle to change the roll signs when the train switches routes, for example the (N) and (W). (MTA) would never accept that proposal anyway since they're getting into high tech equipment, and roll signs are "old tech".

Although it would be something. Like those smiley faces. Imagine if those showed up on the next batch of NTTs...

EDIT: Proof that rollsigns break too.

Nah, probably wouldn't be a good idea. It's kinda a hassle to change the roll signs when the train switches routes, for example the (N) and (W). (MTA) would never accept that proposal anyway since they're getting into high tech equipment, and roll signs are "old tech".

Although it would be something. Like those smiley faces. Imagine if those showed up on the next batch of NTTs...

EDIT: Proof that rollsigns break too.

Rollsigns break too, I've seen those happen a lot. The (A) example is one of them.

Archived