90's documentary on Moscow subway

overclocked

да!!! да!!!  :D

P.S. The translation wasn't bad, but was too literal in terms of the style... 

Translation was done as an afterthought really, I wanted to show the video footage of the stations' interior.

Too bad the better quality film is over an hour and a half long, (it took me 3 days to do subs for this one), also I doubt youtube will let me post it.

Translation was done as an afterthought really, I wanted to show the video footage of the stations' interior.

Too bad the better quality film is over an hour and a half long, (it took me 3 days to do subs for this one), also I doubt youtube will let me post it.

Well I've done subtitling for short movies in Spanish when I was in college and God it was a b*tch!! Usually it takes more Spanish words to make sentences, but the way the movie played out, it took more English words and as a result it was such a pain to do the subtitles from Spanish.  Me and the person I was working with realized that we had to a TON of editing so that we could fit the subtitles on each screen if you will, which was a problem because it was too long for someone watching the movie to read and we didn't to leave out any of the important parts so in short it is indeed a long process. I've watch a lot of International movies (Italian, French German & Spanish) and a few of them that had subtitles were EXCELLENT.  There's a French movie I watched over the summer that was amazing and the subtitles were spot on... The name of it is "The Diving Bell & Butterfly".  Check it out if you can... I saw it on IFC (International Film Channel) and have it recorded onto my DirecTV set.

And some of the phrases are just can't be translated properly, because of the cultural differences, certain things aren't translatable or have different meanings. I omitted many details, especially the patriotic garbage which can only be taken seriously by kids. 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived