Local Community Stands Up For Two Men Harassed for Being Gay

DJ MC

Two men in Columbus, Ohio, experienced first-hand what can happen when complete strangers stand up for what they believe is right.

After a night out, Ethan White and Joel Diaz decided to stop by the popular Mikey's Late Night Slice, a pizza truck. It was cold, so the two men held hands and stood close together. White and Diaz happen to be gay men. This did not sit well with one patron who was standing in front of them, and he let it be known by yelling at the them. He allegedly called out, "cut that gay sh-- out," and continued to yell out antigay comments.''

Read more: Source

Some good news to hear for a change. Hearing this community stood up for these two men makes me feel there is hope in our country.

I'm glad people actually spoke up for the two rather than remaining silent throughout the altercation. Response like this should happen in any situation where someone is being mistreated, as it shows it is not tolerated.

I gotta say the times are certainly changing... I remember as a kid growing up being gay was a no no and growing up in a heterosexual family I wasn't exposed to the lifestyle, so going to the village as a teenager, which at the time wasn't as chic as it is today (it was mainly full of gays or metal heads (I was into the metal scene big time)), it was still rather odd for me seeing gay guys holding hands in the street.  A few years ago I was with a group of my Italian friends down at this Italian restaurant in the village and after a late dinner, we all made our way to the West 4th station and saw quite the scene.  Some dude was to put it lightly making out.  I don't know what happened, but the cops looked like they were going to break it up by perhaps issuing some sort of summons or something. In any event everybody was cracking up laughing.

Now and days I still get a bit freaked here and there but as long as it's not put in my face then hey to each its own and I've certainly come a ways from my old stance, that's for sure.  Traveling the world as a young 20 something can do that to you.  :lol:

As long as there are gay people around there will always be homophobia.

As long as there are different coloured people around there will always be racism.

As long as there are ignorant people there will be problems with the above.

As long as there are good people in the world who can accept people for who they are, then the world will be a better place.

I am on the side of the good.

SMH, bet you'd be one of the people rooting for the guy slandering and shit.

True Story.

Not even close dude I don't have problems with gays at all. To be honest I think they need to be treated as equals how did you actually think I was homophobic. Cmon man that is low

Once we stop persecuting people based on religion, then more faith in humanity will be restored for me.
Good news is that religious tolerance is becoming more widespread as humanity evolves.

There's a name for that you know...  :lol: 

Nah the name for posting this on a thread about innocents being harassed is...

I don't know what to think on this subject. I may not be interested in girls, but I'm certainly not interested in guys either. Just looking out for #1.

idiocy.

I agree with MHV, I understand the topic of sexual identity is a delicate subject, but its best left to somewhere else. Regardless, even if you are straight, nobody deserves to be harassed for who they are who they like and what they like to do provided it causes no harm to anyone else.

Archived