Issue with forums after update

Den

Question

Clicking on Sign out no longer actually signs you out or removes the cookie when using firefox. This issue doesnt occur with Internet Explorer. If I click sign out, it shows as signed out. Then I close the browser and shut my computer off. When I power back on and open up firefox and return to Nyctransitforums.com it shows me as signes in and I dont need to enter my username and password. This only started happening after the site update. I never use the check box that says keep me signed in.

Actually I now know what the issue was and I corrected it.  I got the single sign-on to work across two different domains and so far so good.  It had nothing to do with the ipsconnect.php file.

Tried it on two different computers and three different browsers.

I think that should take care of all issues.  For now.  :)

I still have that problem with the log-in. I sign out and close my tab. When I re-open it and refresh the page, I'm still logged in.

I'm still having sort of an issue with Google Chrome. After I edit, I have to click on full editior to edit because just edit wouldn't let me edit.

When I quote, it keeps quoting double.

I'm having same issue when I  am using Safari at Apple Store and forum wouldn't logged out easily.

Temporary solution would be to opening windows using Incognito mode with Chrome, InPrivate with IE, Stealth mode with Safari. Private Browsing mode with Firefox. I'm having the same problem where if I'm online on this website from at home and fall asleep on myself, even if my computer goes into hibernation I'm still logged in without realizing it. Or you can wipe out your cache after logging off th site *before* you close your browser.

I've been using school computers to access this site recently, meaning that when I'm done, I have to log off the site. When I do, I click log off, get redirected to a page that couldn't be found, and then when I come back to NYCTF, I'm not logged out.

IT department's fault. If you are using Windows He can set the group policy editor to fix that problem at log-off. My home computers and those at work are configured for the settings I mentioned in the above post (clear cache) automatically at log-off. It's not set by default when installing Windows 7 or 8. I don't think that one has anything to do with this site because the same thing happens all the time with gmail.

If Mac OS ask our mac guru lilbluefoxie, that one I can't help you with if you're on a mac right now.

I'll PM him and get his attention for the mac users so he can advise on Safari options.

Edit: Done. Foxie will get it eventually and advise. 

I got your message, to activate stealth mode on Safari, 

go to the Safari menu, between the Apple menu and File and select  Private Browsing

To clear your cache on Safari, go to the Safari menu, between Apple and File and select Preferences.

Then go to the Privacy tab, and hit the button Remove all Website Data. It'll remind you that it will log you off the sites you are logged into, confirm that and it should log you out.

Also it appears to be an issue with this page: ipsconnect.php which seems to have a faulty server side redirect.

I looked it up on the IPS Connect integration guide

Important Information about Single Sign-On

In order for Single Sign-On to work properly, the slave application(s) need to read cookies set by the master application.

Since cookies cannot be read across domains, this means that your slave application needs to be on the same domain or a subdomain of the domain that the master application is on.

For example, your master application might be mysite.com, and the slave application might be something.mysite.com.
It will not work if the master application is on mysite.com and the slave application is on somethingelse.com.

This may be the reason for the issue. http://community.invisionpower.com/resources/guides.html/_/advanced-and-developers/integration/ips-connect-r27

There's an error when I log out.

Interestingly, the address of the error page is of the nyctalkforums. 

When I go back and logout again, I get the usual nyctransitforums logout error page.

Testing multiquote 1

Yep same here.

But that happens infrequently.

Testing multiquote 2

I too get that log out error...

Testing multiquote 3

Clicking on Sign out no longer actually signs you out or removes the cookie when using firefox. This issue doesnt occur with Internet Explorer. If I click sign out, it shows as signed out. Then I close the browser and shut my computer off. When I power back on and open up firefox and return to Nyctransitforums.com it shows me as signes in and I dont need to enter my username and password. This only started happening after the site update. I never use the check box that says keep me signed in.

That was happening to me on Chrome, but now it doesn't seem to be a problem anymore since today.

EDIT:

Getting this message while editing my photo thread:

Your secure key, used to verify you are posting the topic, did not match the one submitted. Please go back, reload the form, and try again.

I'm sure Harry got a handle on this. Quite a few times I've dealt with bugs in Microsoft Access images (powers MS Outlook)  that threw the SMTP servers way off, on my job, it took a week of my time to assist the Network Administrators to fix it (since my team had to create new images and install it on a ton of workstations). Understandable. Just be patient guys. It's probably the fact that patches are needed to fix the problem with the forum software since the update.

Archived