Issue with forums after update

Den

Question

Clicking on Sign out no longer actually signs you out or removes the cookie when using firefox. This issue doesnt occur with Internet Explorer. If I click sign out, it shows as signed out. Then I close the browser and shut my computer off. When I power back on and open up firefox and return to Nyctransitforums.com it shows me as signes in and I dont need to enter my username and password. This only started happening after the site update. I never use the check box that says keep me signed in.

I'm still having sort of an issue with Google Chrome. After I edit, I have to click on full editior to edit because just edit wouldn't let me edit.

When I quote, it keeps quoting double.

I still have that problem with the log-in. I sign out and close my tab. When I re-open it and refresh the page, I'm still logged in.

I still have that problem with the log-in. I sign out and close my tab. When I re-open it and refresh the page, I'm still logged in.

I'm having same issue when I  am using Safari at Apple Store and forum wouldn't logged out easily.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Harry" data-cid="641039" data-time="1359907187"><p>

The update is available and I will be attempting a system update tonight. Hopefully this update gets rid of everything that is going wrong.</p></blockquote>

The mobile quote thing still doesn't work.

Yesterday, I saw links to advertisment sites on my profile yesterday and it was not limited to me alone, many had the same problem, also pop up windows due to adware I'm assuming. many ppl was having the same problem regarding that as well and was forced to click on the pop up to get into chat. I scanned both laptops and found nothing malicious. But still unsure if nethertheless if it was something user end or server end or if it had something to do with the updates.

I'm aware of the fact that this forum gets attacked by malicious hackers pretty often. I would only imagine how fustrating this is for Harry and Co. to constantly avert these threats to our forum.

I tested it going in the chat room, no problems on my end, at least at my workstation at work. My laptop has no problems now either. And I just realized that the pop ups are gone and my problems in my profile page is gone too with those stupid hotlinks to the stupid adverts. I should have made screenshots and posted it but it didn't come to mind yesterday. However some recent posts in other threads still have them.

Remember the "Nazi bankster" trojan virus attack back then? We got to be careful because clicking on such links, that can infect our computers. And even the best of antivirus software can't possibly pick up everything even with frequent updates.

I tested it going in the chat room, no problems on my end, at least at my workstation at work. My laptop has no problems now either. And I just realized that the pop ups are gone and my problems in my profile page is gone too with those stupid hotlinks to the stupid adverts. I should have made screenshots and posted it but it didn't come to mind yesterday. However some recent posts in other threads still have them.

Remember the "Nazi bankster" trojan virus attack back then? We got to be careful because clicking on such links, that can infect our computers. And even the best of antivirus software can't possibly pick up everything even with frequent updates.

Just checked, I'm still getting "You have been kicked from the chat room". Whatever.

Anyway, yea I remember that nazi virus. It compromised two accounts on here I think, but it did stop after a while.

Just checked, I'm still getting "You have been kicked from the chat room". Whatever.

Anyway, yea I remember that nazi virus. It compromised two accounts on here I think, but it did stop after a while.

Opening that website didn't do anything to anyones personal computer.  I've tried opening it at several locations even at work where we have a strict firewall and anti-virus settings and nothing.  So if you just opened and closed it should have been nothing.  I just wanted to make sure.  Now compromising accounts on this website/server yes that did happen.

Just setting the record straight.

Archived