Bus Operator final Processing.

red6spd

• 2 weeks later...

Put my transfer in for Queens on day one but when the pick came up no Queens depots where available so picked Flatbush. Yesterday was my first day.

My apologies for going off-topic, however, if you originally pick Flatbush or another depot outside of Queens, can you still put a transfer in later on for Queens?

The reason why I am asking is because I thought I heard that once you pick a certain borough (like Flatbush in Brooklyn) you stay in that borough and are not allowed to go to any other borough...

If someone can elaborate on this I would appreciate it. Thanks

Put my transfer in for Queens on day one but when the pick came up no Queens depots where available so picked Flatbush. Yesterday was my first day.

Congrats on passing your 7-day training, and welcome to Flatbush.

Since you put in your 'slip' for a Queens depot, when there's finally an opening, you will be notified, and whether you decide to take the transfer or not is on you; just know once you're in the Queens depot of your choice, you'll be stuck there for the rest of your career. Decide wisely.

Also, now that you're at Flatbush, take your time with the routes we have, specifically the B41, 44 & 46.

These lines will make or break you as a bus operator. Trust me.

Be safe and have fun. lol

Congrats on passing your 7-day training, and welcome to Flatbush.

Since you put in your 'slip' for a Queens depot, when there's finally an opening, you will be notified, and whether you decide to take the transfer or not is on you; just know once you're in the Queens depot of your choice, you'll be stuck there for the rest of your career. Decide wisely.

Also, now that you're at Flatbush, take your time with the routes we have, specifically the B41, 44 & 46.

These lines will make or break you as a bus operator. Trust me.

Be safe and have fun. lol

Again, my apologies for going off-topic...

@Acela Express - I also heard from the same source that it is the borough you stay in and not the depot.  Example:

Say for example you are currently out of Jamaica. Once you get enough seniority, can you move to another depot within the same borough, like Queens Village or Casey Stengel for perhaps a better route?

Yes once you are in Queens you are in Queens for life unless you can come up with some serious reason to make a move back to the other Depots's. But you can bounce around depot's in Queens once a year. @Acela Express, I have learned the 44 the 41 and a little of the 46, I enjoy it so far, the dollar vans are funny LOL.

• 2 weeks later...

No, you can't bounce around Queens.  Each Queens NYCT depot has its own closed seniority list.  If you pick Jamaica, Casey Stengel or Queens Village you stay in your picked depot for your carreer.

I'm almost 100% sure your wrong. You just need to get into Queens then you can move around to whatever depot you want once a year (not that anyone would want to do that) You may lose your seniority in the depot but you can move around Queens.

• 6 months later...

Day 1 of driving went good, no real issues for someone who has never driven a bus before.

Day 2 learned different types of turns highway driving, did my Air brake test properly along with exterior and interior pre-trip inspections. But rushed myself around a right turn and scrub a curb, then went to make a left turn and initially turned into the left turn lane instead of the right turn lane. Oh well no biggie.  

what did they test you on for your air brakes? as well as your interior / exterior inspections?

No, you can't bounce around Queens.  Each Queens NYCT depot has its own closed seniority list.  If you pick Jamaica, Casey Stengel or Queens Village you stay in your picked depot for your carreer.

Im not entirely sure I know that's how it used to be but I think only QV is like that still. I think the rest you are not locked anymore but I could be wrong (im in Staten island myself)

I'm almost 100% sure your wrong. You just need to get into Queens then you can move around to whatever depot you want once a year (not that anyone would want to do that) You may lose your seniority in the depot but you can move around Queens.

trnsper is right.  Once you make your way to an ATU depot in Queens you are confined to that depot for the rest of your career unless you need an emergency transfer that will allow you to return to a TWU affiliated depot at the bottom of the seniority list.

• 2 months later...

Archived