Rear doors system of the SBS articulated buses?

megabus

Hello friends,
I want to know how the system works for the rear doors on articulated buses on line M15+SBS+.

When customers want to get on the bus by the rear doors is that they are activated by the driver at each stop or is it the users who need to operate thanks to a system available to them (such as on the following picture)?

Bordeaux_003.jpg

Buttons on each side of the rear door.

Bordeaux_004.jpg

Close-ups of the external buttons.

Bordeaux_005.jpg

Button inside the bus to the rear doors.

When is it also for older New Flyer buses D60HF on the Bx12+SBS+?

C.U.Soon,

Laurent (JFK)

When a bus is on SBS service, the driver has controlls of all 3 doors to automatically open without passengers touching the tape. (They really shoud clear....) It's a different story when the buses are on regular local service. I believe there's switch.

I hope I remember that clearly enough.... Hope it helps....

In normal service, since no one has talked about it, there is a sensor on the door. When it detects something and the rear doors are activated, they will open.

When is it also for older New Flyer buses D60HF on the Bx12+SBS+?

The Bx12SBS no longer uses D60HF's, but they worked similarly to the LFSA's.

In normal service, since no one has talked about it, there is a sensor on the door. When it detects something and the rear doors are activated, they will open.

Pretty much the same way. The rear door control switch is put in the Driver's position so they will open and close with the door handle.

Thank you for your answers friends.
"Bref" the driver opens and closes itself back doors so that customers can get on the bus.
Do you have pictures of the "cockpit" of the LFSA's and D60HF's?

C.U.Soon,

Laurent (JFK)  (JFK)

Thank you for your answers friends.

"Bref" the driver opens and closes itself back doors so that customers can get on the bus.

Do you have pictures of the "cockpit" of the LFSA's and D60HF's?

C.U.Soon,

Laurent (JFK)  (JFK)

Here's some photos courtesy of TTMG (Click the link then click on misc expand gallery then click on Operator's area)

LFSA Photos

D60HF Photos

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Threxx" data-cid="631631" data-time="1358027514">

In normal service, since no one has talked about it, there is a sensor on the door. When it detects something and the rear doors are activated, they will open.<br />

<br />

</p></blockquote>

Wrong. The doors only open in local mode if the passenger touches the yellow handle, even if someone bumps into the handle. The doors will not close until the door area is clear however.

Here's some photos courtesy of TTMG (Click the link then click on misc expand gallery then click on Operator's area)

LFSA Photos

D60HF Photos

Thank you, but I haven't found really interesting pictures, I wish pics where I could see all the commands for the driver detailled (door, brake...).

I found a video on youtube, I don't know which network is the bus, but you must have the same system for the rear door on your bus? With a delayed closing slower I hope!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRKX9dAOHII

I still see the accasional D60HF on the Bx12SBS.

Yes, when the SBS lights are activated, it will open the rear doors automatically upon moving the door handle to Rear.

You learn something new every day... I remember after Sandy when all fares were waived, I saw a M14A with its blue SBS lights activated. I didn't know why the 14A would have its blue lights on but now I know it was just to allow people to board through all doors, since there were no fares at that time.

Saw a bunch on M15 selects driving up and down the street without the lights flashing today.

http://secondavenuesagas.com/2013/01/18/flashing-blue-lights-no-longer-an-sbs-hallmark/

Reacting to specific concerns, MTA New York City Transit has agreed to turn off the flashing blue lights that have served to alert riders to the arrival of Select Bus Service buses (SBS) since the speedier service was introduced. This measure is being taken to eliminate the possibility of confusing the vehicles with volunteer emergency vehicles, which are entitled by law to use the blue lights. We are currently in the process of developing an alternate means of identifying SBS buses.

Thank you, but I haven't found really interesting pictures, I wish pics where I could see all the commands for the driver detailled (door, brake...).

I found a video on youtube, I don't know which network is the bus, but you must have the same system for the rear door on your bus? With a delayed closing slower I hope!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRKX9dAOHII

I don't know which network either but given the fact that the bus contains Canadian ads I'm pretty sure it's somewhere in Canada lol.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="BreeddekalbL" data-cid="634368" data-time="1358569417"><p>

Does it affect back door boarding now that the lights are shut off?</p></blockquote>

Well the one I was on, the driver put it in SBS mode while in the bus stops (the blue lights came on) but once he left the stop, he turned SBS mode off

Well, if you specifically mean American buses, then here I got one for you from an Orion EPA10:

2011pics125.jpg

(^ courtesy of fellow forum member East New York)

Yes exactly what I'm looking for!

Thank you for this photo and hope there will be more different models. And especially those of the NYCT.

C.U.Soon,

Laurent (JFK)

Archived