FLU EMERGENCY: Virus reaches full-blown epidemic status.

Shortline Bus

Got the flu shot for the first time in my life...doctor basically conned me into it, "you're killing old people! no shot, they die!!!!!" I swear I heard that garbage for 15 minutes.

$50 of shot later and he's happy. Fukc that. If they really cared, it'd be a free vaccine.

Ha! You got so conned!! Not once but twice... If anything they'd be paying me $50.00 to inject that crap into me.  <_< 

Ha! You got so conned!! Not once but twice... If anything they'd be paying me $50.00 to inject that crap into me.  <_< 

I was getting the guilt trip from everybody (Italian side of the family was flipping out), phone calls from my mother and the relatives about the "epidemic," my 87 year-old grandmother shook her finger at me! And then my doctor gives me the lecture. So, I got the shot. Now I'm poorer. Hope everybody's happy. 

I was getting the guilt trip from everybody (Italian side of the family was flipping out), phone calls from my mother and the relatives about the "epidemic," my 87 year-old grandmother shook her finger at me! And then my doctor gives me the lecture. So, I got the shot. Now I'm poorer. Hope everybody's happy. 

Ha!  I don't think I've had any shots since I moved to Italy... Of course I had to get shots in order to enter the country but since then nada... Besides Italians don't do that crap anyway... I'd just go to an herb store, get some herbs prepare them and call it a day if I was sick. That's what I did when I lived in Italy... They have herb places there... I dunno if they're popular here though.

Ha!  I don't think I've had any shots since I moved to Italy... Of course I had to get shots in order to enter the country but since then nada... Besides Italians don't do that crap anyway... I'd just go to an herb store, get some herbs prepare them and call it a day if I was sick. That's what I did when I lived in Italy... They have herb places there... I dunno if they're popular here though.

You mean the witch doctor! That's always a good medical practice. I think I've come across those... "is good? this?" "Si! Ottimo!" 

Last time I had the flu shot was during the Swine Flu epidemic. I had it at my high school and it was free. My dad got one too. After getting that shot I experienced zero side effects. I still ask myself to this day. "Did I really needed that shot?"

Ah, I remember that. Didn't take the shot for that one either. It's all a scam. All the shots do is make you sicker.

As for the ppl giving me the stink eye if I didn't take the shot, just pretend to sneeze at them and see how freaked out they get, that's the best revenge you can have. Lol, yes 'how evil', but I'm sure some of you would agree too about pulling that prank.

Ah, I remember that. Didn't take the shot for that one either. It's all a scam. All the shots do is make you sicker.

As for the ppl giving me the stink eye if I didn't take the shot, just pretend to sneeze at them and see how freaked out they get, that's the best revenge you can have. Lol, yes 'how evil', but I'm sure some of you would agree too about pulling that prank.

The vaccine will make you sicker temporarily as the body's immune system and is reacting, creating antibodies for the dormant viruses contained in the serum. Then it subsides. That's normal. But yeah GC props, you must be made out of steel if you can make it through the flu season without catching it. I usually come down with it once a year. That was why I quit smoking cigarettes some months back (Oh god it was HELL dealing with the nicotine withdrawal), it can cause a whole host of problems like a secondary bronchitis infection caused by the initial viral respiratory infection.

Got the flu shot for the first time in my life...doctor basically conned me into it, "you're killing old people! no shot, they die!!!!!" I swear I heard that garbage for 15 minutes.

$50 of shot later and he's happy. F-- that. If they really cared, it'd be a free vaccine.

Sucker. I'd stand my ground no matter what, lol.

This is NYC, I doubt you wouldn't be able to find one of those places.

Here they're known as collectives, smoke rooms, and (to a much lesser extent) reggae culture shops.

The vaccine will make you sicker temporarily as the body's immune system and is reacting, creating antibodies for the dormant viruses contained in the serum. Then it subsides. That's normal. But yeah GC props, you must be made out of steel if you can make it through the flu season without catching it. I usually come down with it once a year. That was why I quit smoking cigarettes some months back (Oh god it was HELL dealing with the nicotine withdrawal), it can cause a whole host of problems like a secondary bronchitis infection caused by the initial viral respiratory infection.

Nah, just a combination of cautiousness and partial paranoia. Not like 'Monk' obsessive compulsive levels, but I am also a germaphobe.

$50 of shot later and he's happy. F-- that. If they really cared, it'd be a free vaccine.

The doctor was apparently possessed or something. But it is true that the larger percentage of people who die from influenza each year are those who are infirm. Fact. They usually die from pnemonia out of control and other complications.

Free vaccines are available (In NYC) at many major pharmacy chains such as Dwane Reade in case you run into someone who have no health insurance. The CNA on duty will administer the vaccine. 

I haven't had a flu shot in years either and I feel good without it!

Basically, these two posts....

Know more than my fair share of people that have gotten sicker after getting that damn shot.....

This big push to get people to take the damn shot these past couple years as far as I'm concerned is all propaganda......

Basically, these two posts....

Know more than my fair share of people that have gotten sicker after getting that damn shot.....

This big push to get people to take the damn shot these past couple years as far as I'm concerned is all propaganda......

Not always. If it was'nt for the Polio or Small Pox vaccines we would be in big trouble. God only knows if we have a H5N1 outbreak. With a 60% mortality rate? It could be worse then the Spanish Flu epidemic of 1918! Good thing they have pre pandemic vaccines first developed and mass produced in japan. in this case I think the intentions are genuine. Ditto on SARS.

That being said you highlighted a good point. Many drugs out there pharmaceutical companies indeed push just for the sake of propaganda for the profits. Like some psychriatric medications which does not really help, it actually causes more harmful side effects then anything.

Also chemotherapy or radiation therapy for cancer as a treatment. it kills the damn patient faster then the cancer itself! So in that sense yeah there is a high degree of propaganda in the medical field and with the pharmaceutical companies for the sake of the mighty dollar out of greed despite the risks involved with the patients  being treated with the poisonous drugs and treatments mentioned. Even the medical field and the pharmaceutical industry are corrupted. I agree!

But there are exceptions to the rule...

*I am NOT a doctor! Do follow the advice of a doctor, not me a mere network technician.

Not always. If it was'nt for the Polio or Small Pox vaccines we would be in big trouble. God only knows if we have a H5N1 outbreak. With a 60% mortality rate? It could be worse then the Spanish Flu epidemic of 1918! Good thing they have pre pandemic vaccines first developed and mass produced in japan. in this case I think the intentions are genuine. Ditto on SARS.

That being said you highlighted a good point. Many drugs out there pharmaceutical companies indeed push just for the sake of propaganda for the profits. Like some psychriatric medications which does not really help, it actually causes more harmful side effects then anything.

Also chemotherapy or radiation therapy for cancer as a treatment. it kills the damn patient faster then the cancer itself! So in that sense yeah there is a high degree of propaganda in the medical field and with the pharmaceutical companies for the sake of the mighty dollar out of greed despite the risks involved with the patients  being treated with the poisonous drugs and treatments mentioned. Even the medical field and the pharmaceutical industry are corrupted. I agree!

But there are exceptions to the rule...

*I am NOT a doctor! Do follow the advice of a doctor, not me a mere network technician.

LOL... Are you kidding me... Let me tell you something, a lot of projects these days in my field come via consent forms for clinical research studies and there is a TON of money being spent on developing new drugs.  The medical field is one of the few fields that are growing in this economy and believe you me, pharmaceutical companies are still making their money. There's this push to find the next big drug and as a result you've had a lot of merging and such in the sector, but the big pharmaceutical companies are alive and well, so there is no question that a lot of this nonsense is hype.

LOL... Are you kidding me... Let me tell you something, a lot of projects these days in my field come via consent forms for clinical research studies and there is a TON of money being spent on developing new drugs.  The medical field is one of the few fields that are growing in this economy and believe you me, pharmaceutical companies are still making their money. There's this push to find the next big drug and as a result you've had a lot of merging and such in the sector, but the big pharmaceutical companies are alive and well, so there is no question that a lot of this nonsense is hype.

Clinical trials for newly developed drugs was not the point as much as I learned something there from your expertise in the medical field. Thank you.

Now let me ask you:

1) OTC drugs such as cough syrup such as
DXM
. Children take at least 20 to 30 times the recommended dose to get high yet it's still on the market. Yet prometazine/codeine cough syrup is a controlled substance even though DXM found in cough syrup can cause kidney and liver failure as well as brain damage? Yeah, they are just trying to push this drug for the sake of profit.

2)
Tylenol
(acetaminophen) recently has been discovered to cause severe liver and kidney damage. Yet other pain killers which are controlled substances are nowhere as harmful. Does that make sense?

3) Let's not forget
Vioxx
another NSAID which was pulled off the market because it causes serious cardiovascular problems.

4)What about the drug
Chantix
? (Smoking cessation aid) Why in the world do they continue to market it after all the reports that this drug causes suicidal tendancies. yes you KNOW many people ended up committing suicide under the influence.

5)There are many vaccines in the past that nearly killed. One in 1976 was developed during the Nixon Administration to combat a strain of H1N1 (variation of swine flu). It caused more life threatening conditions then the damn virus itself.

6)What about
PCP
originally designed as a fast acting anesthetic similar to
Ketamine
. It causes severe psychosis and homicidal ideologies. Wow no wonder it is an class 1 illegal narcotic. Speaking of which,
 Quaalude.

7)
Zoloft:
It makes the person more depressed, causes severe damage to the endocrine glands, causes obesity and sexual side effects. Then what's the point of even marketing it? 

8)
Zyprexa
. It can cause the onset of diabetes. Makes me wonder why doctors even prescribe this sometimes.

Yes of course medication are useful tools for those who are sick and infirm. But heck yeah there is alot hype as to how they market some of these drugs putting dangerous side effects in fine print so as to hide the dangers.

I propose the US legalize marijuana. It will make the world a much happier place. 

Yes of course medication are useful tools for those who are sick and infirm. But heck yeah there is alot 

hype as to how they market some of these drugs putting dangerous side effects in fine print so as to

hide the dangers.

I propose the US leagalize marijuana. It will make the world a much happier place. Lol yes I can be a trip  

sometimes.

Yeah it makes perfect sense... The problem with these drugs is when they are tested, the side effects of them aren't always known immediately and this is something that is constantly noted in the consent forms (which are usually written, but certainly finalized by the legal department of these corporations) from a covering their @ss perspective.  It takes years for some of these drugs to be approved and then released onto the market.  In any event, unless you're a child or a elderly person or prone to getting sick constantly, I don't think it's necessary to get a flu shot.  Sure some people die from it, but just because you get a shot doesn't mean you can't get sick.  Common sense still reigns in these situations and I am not going to run out and get a shot just because a doctor says so.  You always have to remember that there is always an angle.  Doctors stay in business by "curing" sick people even if they aren't really sick.... Now on the other hand, that's not to say that I'm totally against getting shots of any sort.  It's just that I think you should not just believe anything a doctor or the media says.  It's best to do your own research because at the end of the day you know your body best.  With the number of malpractice cases and fake doctors around these days I always proceed with caution.

Yeah it makes perfect sense... The problem with these drugs is when they are tested, the side effects of them aren't always known immediately and this is something that is constantly noted in the consent forms (which are usually written, but certainly finalized by the legal department of these corporations) from a covering their @ss perspective.  It takes years for some of these drugs to be approved and then released onto the market.  

Very true. Some things with newly developed drugs that are introduced into the market as far as side effects are concerned are impossible to predict.

Very true. Some things with newly developed drugs that are introduced into the market as far as side effects are concerned are impossible to predict.

The whole overdosing thing with kids is a relatively new phenomenon and the only way to curb that really is to make them off limits without a doctor's note, which doesn't solve the problem completely but it's a starting point... As I said before you have corrupt doctors out there too, so more regulation is definitely needed, but that's another topic in and of itself.

Archived