FLU EMERGENCY: Virus reaches full-blown epidemic status.

Shortline Bus

The whole overdosing thing with kids is a relatively new phenomenon and the only way to curb that really is to make them off limits without a doctor's note, which doesn't solve the problem completely but it's a starting point... As I said before you have corrupt doctors out there too, so more regulation is definitely needed, but that's another topic in and of itself.

They are doing that now to an extent in some states, requiring that people purchasing cold medicines containing DXM are above the age of 18. Also with cold medications in pill form medications containing endephrine (such as some brands of Sudafed) I believe since it is now known people use that as one of the ingredients to make crystal meth.

They are doing that now to an extent in some states, requiring that people purchasing cold medicines containing DXM are above the age of 18. Also with cold medications in pill form medications containing endephrine (such as some brands of Sudafed) I believe since it is now known people use that as one of the ingredients to make crystal meth.

Which has been nothing but a pain in the ass in my experience, but I digress.

Yeah it makes perfect sense... The problem with these drugs is when they are tested, the side effects of them aren't always known immediately and this is something that is constantly noted in the consent forms (which are usually written, but certainly finalized by the legal department of these corporations) from a covering their @ss perspective.  It takes years for some of these drugs to be approved and then released onto the market.  In any event, unless you're a child or a elderly person or prone to getting sick constantly, I don't think it's necessary to get a flu shot.  Sure some people die from it, but just because you get a shot doesn't mean you can't get sick.  Common sense still reigns in these situations and I am not going to run out and get a shot just because a doctor says so.  You always have to remember that there is always an angle.  Doctors stay in business by "curing" sick people even if they aren't really sick.... Now on the other hand, that's not to say that I'm totally against getting shots of any sort.  It's just that I think you should not just believe anything a doctor or the media says.  It's best to do your own research because at the end of the day you know your body best.  With the number of malpractice cases and fake doctors around these days I always proceed with caution.

Exactly why my "faith" in modern medicine continues to wane..... Also a reason IMO why you get as many men not wanting to go to the docs unless there's a serious emergency.... The medical field is making a killing these days, and w/ the influx of health-conscious (putting it nicely) people out here willing to do anything to want to stay "healthy" --->>> (personally I think the level of "healthy" that's being pushed nowadays is nothing more than feeding on the hysteria people have about their health, but that's just me - Which I think is a flat out disgusting & underhanded way to siphon money from people)..... Take this, this, some of this, yep - this too, don't forget this, exercise & eat ya fruits & veggies & come back next month for a check up or w/e so we can see if there's any progress.... Rinse, wash, repeat, just like any other scam artist......

...do you guys see those drug lawsuit commercial lately? .

''Have you been taking ''put drug name here'' you maybe entitled for a settlement ''

Yep, most certainly do.... And the way I see it, you're gonna keep seeing those commercials & those lawyers are gonna keep having clients too..... Goes back to via's point about these companies putting these drugs out & not fully knowing the side effects these damn things have.... This is a large reason why I am in no rush to take someone's shot (injection) or someone's pill/tablet......

There's a term for all of this. It's called white coat syndrome.

Right, "White coat syndrome" is a fear of doctors that keeps people from seeking their services....

Can't speak for anyone else here, but me, I'm criticizing the tactics that's used to keep the masses coming back to them (thus lining their pockets).... Hell, I'm even questioning how really healthy a lot of the propaganda that's being pushed these days even keeps you..... That & white coat are two different things.

Right, "White coat syndrome" is a fear of doctors that keeps people from seeking their services....

Can't speak for anyone else here, but me, I'm criticizing the tactics that's used to keep the masses coming back to them (thus lining their pockets).... Hell, I'm even questioning how really healthy a lot of the propaganda that's being pushed these days even keeps you..... That & white coat are two different things.

Yes that's true! It's a loaded statement. White coat syndrome also can be applied to doctors who love to dose you up unnecessarily with meds for imagined conditions that does'nt exist. That's because of the reimbursments they recieve, I think. Correct me if I got this wrong as you are very keen on this contaversial issue concerning the shitty US healthcare system we all fall victim to, even the wealthy are not exempt.

Yes that's true! It's a loaded statement. White coat syndrome also can be applied to doctors who love to dose you up unnecessarily with meds for imagined conditions that does'nt exist. That's because of the reimbursments they recieve, I think. Correct me if I got this wrong as you are very keen on this contaversial issue concerning the shitty US healthcare system we all fall victim to, even the wealthy are not exempt.

Yes, it's all about reimbursements and if they're paid to run a study by a pharmaceutical company, then naturally they'll try to find opportunities to either "market" or push a new drug if there is profit to be made by them as a result of making the drug popular in the market... All depends on how ethical they are.  Not all doctors are crooks, but there are some out there that have no problem ripping folks off and it gives the good doctors that go actually give a damn a bad name.

Yes, it's all about reimbursements and if they're paid to run a study by a pharmaceutical company, then naturally they'll try to find opportunities to either "market" or push a new drug if there is profit to be made by them as a result of making the drug popular in the market... All depends on how ethical they are.  Not all doctors are crooks, but there are some out there that have no problem ripping folks off and it gives the good doctors that go actually give a damn a bad name.

Exactly, you nailed it.

I know some doctors that will recommend ridiculous things that are disproportional to the problem. In fact, some will offer drugs or treatments even in the absence of a problem (e.g.: a urologist recommending circumcision to a mom that doesn't know any better and a kid who thinks it's going to be fun).

My stepfather was a cancer registrar for the DOH. He told me a lot of scary stories about doctors who administered chemotherapy to patients which killed them faster then the cancer itself which was why I posted what I felt in the previous page. It's always good to get a second opinion from another doctor if one is not so sure about their PCP's evaluation, diagnosis and treatment.

Archived