Does New York City MTA have a hiring freeze on Eagle Team

Afdude

I applied for the position of Special Inspector (Eagle Team) months ago. I was interviewed and was told my application was moving forward but now heard that there may currently be a FREEZE on hiring any New Members. Thanks for any accurate information you can provide to me.

They should Make the fine 500 dollars. That amount would definitely get most of the people to think twice bout fare beating.

I agree, up the price. The only opponents to this idea are you guessed it, FAREBEATERS

I hope this means that they'll be doublng the # of tickets/arrests being made as well.

I am hopeful they allow the eagle team to arrest people. Ticketing isn't going to be enough with some.

On occasion the NYPD actually shows up with the Eagle team on the SBS... A couple of times I've seen the NYPD check SBS tickets on their own also.

Yeah the NYPD has started to show up along with the Eagle Team at check points. I guess everyone figured out that they aren't police and can't touch you or even make you stop for them. It's a deterrent to get people to pay their fares. Now that the police are there as well they can;t get away with not stopping and will be subjected to arrest if they have open warrants or become unruly. They really should expand the eagle team to the subways, because the people just fare beat w/o remorse or fear of getting caught. 

Yeah the NYPD has started to show up along with the Eagle Team at check points. I guess everyone figured out that they aren't police and can't touch you or even make you stop for them. It's a deterrent to get people to pay their fares. Now that the police are there as well they can;t get away with not stopping and will be subjected to arrest if they have open warrants or become unruly. They really should expand the eagle team to the subways, because the people just fare beat w/o remorse or fear of getting caught. 

I agree 100%.  Hire more cops if needed and raise the fine to help cover the additional hires.  This nonsense needs to be stopped.  Either they pay or walk.

Archived