Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
The Cloud

For resume based applications, when does MTA contact applicants?

Hey everyone. When does the MTA contact applicants after application are submitted?

I applied for a Computer Associate position (Computer Assoc.(TS) I, II and III JOB ID 75879) on 12/28. So far I haven't received any calls. This position was posted on 12/27/12 and the last day for filing is 1/14/13. This was a resume based application and I'm wondering if the MTA will start contacting people after the filing date or on a first come/first serve basis.

Even after today, they will definitely need time to sort through all the applications and such before they can even start contacting anyone. 

Thanks Trick and QM. I had emailed the MTA business service center a similar question and will share their response IF they even respond.

• Upvote 1

Their response:

"Please note that online positions close at midnight on the date of the last filing date.
Qualified candidates who are selected for interview are contacted after the filing end date."